Alexander Isak

Disco

51 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

It's time for him to be our main striker. 

Start him every game he's fit imo. 

For all the shit I've been giving Wilson recently for looking a bit off the boil, I'm wondering if Isak starting behind Wilson is gonna be the best option.

Wilson did a lot of good stuff yesterday and Isak's mobility made up for Wilson being a little limited there.

Isak could also work playing from LW.  Move Joelinton into LCM and Longstaff into DCM.

Edited by David Edgar

Was a really nice move from Howe to do that. Isak can definitely play as a lone striker but he's a player that likes to get on the ball and find spaces; Wilson is more traditionally territorial and gets into CB battles. It's something as we phase Wilson out that we'll have to counter as Isak leaving that space means we need mids and wingers to pick it up instead.

While Bruno's out, I wouldn't mind us going 4-4-2 at all. It's class to have the legitimate option in games as well.

5 minutes ago, hakka said:

ASM, Isak and Wilson on at same time was naughty. That's a lot of movement, pace and talent.

We needed it. Fulham were very well organised and so hard to break down. ASM and Isak just unsettled them that bit and we were getting that bit more space.

2 hours ago, hakka said:

ASM, Isak and Wilson on at same time was naughty. That's a lot of movement, pace and talent.

Almiron was also on at that time :)

I don't think Bruno and Isak have ever been on the pitch together sadly, when Isak joined it coincided with Bruno's injury, then when he returned Isak got injured. 

At Sheffield Wed, Isak started but Bruno on bench. 

Just now, kingxlnc said:

I don't think Bruno and Isak have ever been on the pitch together sadly, when Isak joined it coincided with Bruno's injury, then when he returned Isak got injured. 

Just checked - the sum total of play where Bruno and Isak have been on the same pitch together is the last 12 minutes of Leicester in the Carabao. 

2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

They played 12 minutes together against Leicester, which is admittedly not a lot. 

3 minutes ago, HawK said:

Pope

Trippier Schar Botman Burn

Bruno Joelinton

Almiron Isak ASM

Wilson

:snod:

Say tra to our clean sheets if we start this regularly like

1 minute ago, ToonScotman said:

Don’t understand why some folk want him in behind Wilson as that limits his opportunities to get in behind with passes from Bruno and the midfield. Just like his goal at Liverpool, for me get in from the start up top and he’ll deliver.

He always played as a link up/dropping deep type of striker in Spain, rather than up top by himself, I think.

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He seems to have had at least 2 very good chances in each of his appearances other than the Leicester late cameo. Some that he's made for himself. His movement is superb.

His best attribute along with quick feet. I liked him playing a bit behind Wilson as he is tailor made for battling defenders and the more physical stuff. Isak definitely better playing a bit deeper and picking up the ball and turning. Good dribbler too but his best quality is an almost ethereal movement, you barely notice him and he's suddenly there in the right spot.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

13 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

His best attribute along with quick feet. I liked him playing a bit behind Wilson as he is tailor made for battling defenders and the more physical stuff. Isak definitely better playing a bit deeper and picking up the ball and turning. Good dribbler too but his best quality is an almost ethereal movement, you barely notice him and he's suddenly there in the right spot.

He’s our “ghost” in the machine! 
actually I like his Wu Tang style. Fecking ninja 🥷 he is, surprised you will be!

Edited by PauloGeordio