Alexander Isak

Disco

He definitely didn't look like a lad carrying an injury tonight/unfit, I'd be happy for him to start next game given his contribution tonight compared to Wilsons. 

I'm not slating Wilson, but he's looked a bit off lately and a bit of reflection and competition might get him back to normal. 

Edited by Wilson

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’s a lovely player, absolutely great to watch. 

When he starts is a decision for people who know more about his injury and fitness situation, but he’s a class act for sure. 

Yep I really don’t think Eddie will start him next week. He said in his press conference (I think it was that) that his training load hasn’t been fully increased yet to the full level and I can’t see them starting him until that has happened. 

No idea if I've read too much into this but Isak seems just ice cold. Doesn't give a toss (in a good way), as in he could miss a couple chances in a game and it'd not affect him whatsoever. You see him get interviewed and he seems so laid back, so cool and calm, at times looking like he's trying not to laugh. :lol: 

He's class. I love him. Probably far too much for someone who's yet to hit double figures in terms of appearances for us.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

No idea if I've read too much into this but Isak seems just ice cold. Doesn't give a toss (in a good way), as in he could miss a couple chances in a game and it'd not affect him whatsoever. You see him get interviewed and he seems so laid back, so cool and calm, at times looking like he's trying not to laugh. :lol: 

He's class. I love him. Probably far too much for someone who's yet to hit double figures in terms of appearances for us.

My thoughts exactly. Remy had the same vibe. He’s got ice in the veins no doubt about it 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Absolutely, even the way he shoots (for example) is supremely relaxed. Don’t how it’s possibly to play football like that, but it works. 

On 24/08/2022 at 14:45, Froggy said:

It's exactly the same, and what did you all have to say about that signing? ;)

You're flexing the purse strings now and overpaying for players because you're desperate for a striker. It's a mental fee.

Aye, it's crazy he only cost just over half an Antony. Absolutely bloody mental. 

25 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

I was so caught wondering how him and Wilson would link-up that I completely forgot about ASM. Think all 3 will be outrageous together.

Could be more lethal than Ba, Cisse and HBA. Why did they have to be here when Pardew was ffs.

His turn and burn to set up the Joelinton goal was so silky, a very different energy altogether from Almiron's head-down bursts. Kept looking up too, as he was scoping out who to cross to. Such an intelligent player.

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

His turn and burn to set up the Joelinton goal was so silky, a very different energy altogether from Almiron's head-down bursts. Kept looking up too, as he was scoping out who to cross to. Such an intelligent player.

Longer legs and longer strides than Miggy so he makes it looks alot easier when he does it, rather than Almirons roadrunner style furiously spinning legs.

That move shows exactly why he's more than capable of playing as a wide forward.

Isak in all comps is now 8 appearances 3 goals (1 a pen) 1 assist in 364 minutes, the equivalent of four games.

Plus the borderline offside goal vs. Liverpool, and the 1v1 miss he created himself by stealing the ball at the halfway line.

The lad's quality.

42 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Isak in all comps is now 8 appearances 3 goals (1 a pen) 1 assist in 364 minutes, the equivalent of four games.

Plus the borderline offside goal vs. Liverpool, and the 1v1 miss he created himself by stealing the ball at the halfway line.

The lad's quality.

It's harsh to say 8 appearances tbh.

You go off starts. He has 3 PL goals in 3 PL starts.

He is fucking class.