Alexander Isak

Disco

6 hours ago, Nobody said:

Aye, it's crazy he only cost just over half an Antony. Absolutely bloody mental. 

You're quoting a post from August. :lol: A week before Antony had even signed for us. 

1) £58m is not "just over" half of £80m. 

2) Nobody (not you) has been more critical of Antony than me. 

3) Antony has contibuted more to us than Isak has for you so far. 

4) They were both mental fees however you want to dress it up.

If you're wanting to dig up old posts, would you like me to dig up your opinions on Eddie Howe? ;) Because I remember what you said. Worrying, disappointing. Yours truly was in the thread defending Howe saying he's an excellent manager.

Let the past be the past @Nobody Isak has just as much to prove as Antony does. 

On 03/01/2023 at 09:42, Thumbheed said:

Stupidly excited to see this lad play. First time in 13 years we can actually say "like a new signing" and it actually be legit.

Still have to pinch myself that we've actually signed him. 

Still pinching myself.

Everytime I read about us being in competition with another club for another player, the pessimism that Ashley conditioned me to have kicks in and I internally accept we'll have to move on but then I remind myself that we've already signed a player of higher calibre in Isak, so why not?

Edited by Thumbheed

52 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You're quoting a post from August. :lol: A week before Antony had even signed for us. 

1) £58m is not "just over" half of £80m. 

2) Nobody (not you) has been more critical of Antony than me. 

3) Antony has contibuted more to us than Isak has for you so far. 

4) They were both mental fees however you want to dress it up.

If you're wanting to dig up old posts, would you like me to dig up your opinions on Eddie Howe? ;) Because I remember what you said. Worrying, disappointing. Yours truly was in the thread defending Howe saying he's an excellent manager.

Let the past be the past @Nobody Isak has just as much to prove as Antony does. 

I know fine well what I said about Howe, and I've owned up to it as well. 

There's absolutely nothing mental about the Isak fee though, there never was. I've seen the lad play since he was 16 years old, and he's been absolutely class since he first came on the scene.

He scored 13 goals in 16 games in a shite team in the Dutch league when he was 20 years old btw. If he was sold to the PL now after that spell he would have probably cost about £100m.

9 minutes ago, Nobody said:

There's absolutely nothing mental about the Isak fee though, there never was. I've seen the lad play since he was 16 years old, and he's been absolutely class since he first came on the scene.

He scored 13 goals in 16 games in a shite team in the Dutch league when he was 20 years old btw. If he was sold to the PL now after that spell he would have probably cost about £100m.

Your posts about you wanting us to sign Isak as soon as the takeover was confirmed was one of the things that excited me the most about us getting him. 

43 minutes ago, Nobody said:

And I've said Antony is shit and overpriced. So why are you pulling up posts from 5 months ago about transfer fees and referencing Antony? :lol:

Case closed.

I knew he looked quick but didn't realise he had that level of acceleration. Perhaps maybe the defender was so slow that he appeared quicker but I think on that evidence, he's going to get alot of goals and assists for us ☺️

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

It was maybe just precautionary.

Will probably depend if we used a ‘concussion’ sub when Lascelles (was it him?) came on for him.

If we did then he’ll not be allowed. If we didn’t then he probably would be although it might look a bit shady given the current feeling around head injuries.