Alexander Isak

Disco

22 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

The ref went over to spoke to Howe and was pointing to his head. Would imagine he was saying its a concussion injury and Howe needs to take him off? 

Never really seen a ref do that before though. 

Seemed to me as if he was telling Howe to keep his head, but I know Eff all  

59 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

The ref went over to spoke to Howe and was pointing to his head. Would imagine he was saying its a concussion injury and Howe needs to take him off? 

Never really seen a ref do that before though. 

I have a daft theory that the ref had noticed someone on the bench tell Isak to stay down holding his head, and he (the ref) was pissed at our time wasting and basically came over to tell us if we think Isak has a head injury then he is going to have to go off by means of punishment. Because the medical team hadn't even come on the pitch yet to see to him. And the discussion between Howe, Tindall & the ref looked a little animated. 

Just now, danny said:

What happened to him? Must have missed i....... wasnt pissed asleep on the sofa :celb:

Think the first injury happened when So'ton had a free kick and he was in the wall, and think it hit in in the face, or he got clattered in the head. Then he went down few minutes later again, still with effects of it.

Just now, TK-421 said:

Think the first injury happened when So'ton had a free kick and he was in the wall, and think it hit in in the face, or he got clattered in the head. Then he went down few minutes later again, still with effects of it.

Shit hope hes ok

Imagine the club will know either way by now. We probably won't get an idea till Howe's press conference. Unlike normal injuries it's not one he can play close to the chest. Either he has a concussion, and therefore the protocol keeps him out of Saturday, or he doesn't in which case he's available. 

My own take is, it's a positive sign we was allowed to walk around the pitch at the end. Concussions are treated as serious business (rightfully) these days, I feel if the medical staff thought there was a chance he was concussed they'd have had in the training room.

Edited by sushimonster85

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Hit him on the side of the left temple. Hell of a clatter. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Surely he shouldn't play regardless? I know it's completely different given the hits they take, but read up on Tua Tagovailoa in the NFL. Scary shit.

He’ll have neuropsychological testing and clinical assessment. If there was no loss/clouding of consciousness I imagine it is these assessments which will determine whether or not he was concussed.