Alexander Isak

Disco

He’s the classiest footballer we’ve had since Ben Arfa. Bruno is super classy but not a dribbler, whereas this guy can rinse people and has final product. I really like ASM but having someone with this quality who can get goals and assists consistently is amazing 

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

I think it’s fair to say we’ve been figured out with our 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation.

The 20 minutes against Fulham with the two of them was great. I don’t see why we can’t try that - it doesn’t have to be one or the other.

I don't think we've been figured or found out like a few keep suggesting. We dominated an away game for 90 minutes and had 16 efforts at goal. 

Eddie will make a few tweaks and Isak and ASM will get a lot more game time I'm sure but we aren't going to have a change in system when we are third in the league and 15 unbeaten [emoji38] For context City didn't even have an effort on target against Southampton, the worst side in the league. Man U just drew with Palace away this week as well with De Gea having to make 5 saves v Pope's 1.

We've been in top 4 form for 12 months straight now with the weakest squad out of the top 7. There's a fair chance Eddie knows what he's doing more than us. 

Aye chucking the whole system that got us to third in the league seems a bit unnecessary, but a few tweaks and a couple of changes in personal might do the trick. For example, I love Wilson but he's been a passenger the last couple of weeks.

9 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

I don't think we've been figured or found out like a few keep suggesting. We dominated an away game for 90 minutes and had 16 efforts at goal. 

Eddie will make a few tweaks and Isak and ASM will get a lot more game time I'm sure but we aren't going to have a change in system when we are third in the league and 15 unbeaten [emoji38] For context City didn't even have an effort on target against Southampton, the worst side in the league. Man U just drew with Palace away this week as well with De Gea having to make 5 saves v Pope's 1.

We've been in top 4 form for 12 months straight now with the weakest squad out of the top 7. There's a fair chance Eddie knows what he's doing more than us. 

Precisely this. We are lacking finishing, we are dominating and creating good chances. To some extent we have been found out but there's fuck all other teams can do about it so far.

1 hour ago, STM said:

He picked the ball up on the half way line with no support and danced his way to a corner for us.

He's the most Henry clone like player ive seen.

Damn. No pressure on Isak I see. 

Aye, totally get the excitement but the hyping of Isak on such little viewing evidence so far is OTT imo.

He clearly has a quite specific set of strengths and weaknesses and it will be interesting to see how he gets integrated into the team in the fullness of time. Wilson looks off the boil at the moment and some rotation could well be a good idea but to suggest he has suddenly become an obvious second choice right now is jumping the gun for sure. 

Edited by Barnes23

44 minutes ago, Flip said:

Damn. No pressure on Isak I see. 

Imagine though, there is a lot of similarity in their game, what if young Alex has that kind of growth in him? Look forward to the Renault adverts in a few years time: “Whey, whey aye man” (… not quite va-va-boom but 🤷‍♂️)

I’d much rather they take their time and get him completely right rather than rushing him even if it means he doesn’t start over the next three-four games. It was a muscle injury right? Which has to be carefully managed, more so than most injuries 

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Doesn't sound like he's close to starting, based on Howe's comments today. In a nutshell, he said they've held back on the intensity of his training load due to the nature of his injury.

Odd how he started 2 weeks ago then.

They are just protecting a very expensive asset.   Muscle injuries are hard to return with, I think because he had it an issue when he was coming back the first time they are just being careful and rightly so.  Wilson isn't training much either.  No more rushing people now, they adjust the training load when coming back, which is what you should do.  It's not just like the injury heals and you can go mental, its a muscle, it had damage, the damage has gone but the muscle (plus many others) hasn't been used as much as it might normally.  For example, I haven't played 11 aside for a while but with my pace, if I played 2 games a week and trained very hard I'm sure my hamstrings would not be happy.

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Doesn't sound like he's close to starting, based on Howe's comments today. In a nutshell, he said they've held back on the intensity of his training load due to the nature of his injury.

He didn’t say that though did he, he said he hasn’t had the intensity of training they’d ideally like because of our fixture congestion. 

the reason he’s not done that is because of fixture congestion impacting the clubs training schedule, nothing to do with his injury

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop
Duplication of point, bad England

20 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

He didn’t say that though did he, he said he hasn’t had the intensity of training they’d ideally like because of our fixture congestion. 

the reason he’s not done that is because of fixture congestion impacting the clubs training schedule, nothing to do with his injury

Might of misheard. Doesn't change the overriding point that it doesn't sound like he'll start though.

43 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Might of misheard. Doesn't change the overriding point that it doesn't sound like he'll start though.

Eddie does love playing mind games with the opposition. There is every chance he starts. 

It's so good how he's being gradually managed back. The fact that he hasn't been rushed in the hope he might get us some lucky result here or there at the risk of his long term fitness is great. Even if he has been missed, we are still getting results because of game plans and tactics as well as proper medical care.

I can imagine other managers saying something like "right, you've had a month off. On you go." Makes me wonder how many professionals could have had their careers/potential curtailed over the years and what a selling point to potential new signings; we actually care about your health and career.