Alexander Isak

Disco

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

When the takeover went through, me and my best mate talked about our ultimnate but realistic transfer. 

Mine was Chiesa, his was Isak. He's going to injure himself if this goes through.

Same. Said during the Euros 'get this takeover through and get him signed" - when it did go through Gazzetta or somewhere had a headline and pictures with him Brozovic and Kessie saying we were coming for them. Didn't believe it but it was lush. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well I know there was a lot of journalists kept banging on about how we were deluded to think we would be going after this type of blue chip signing with our limited budget, but turns out the ones who thought that we would find the money for the really top talents were right.

FFP is obviously a big factor, but when you can land your top targets then it's not really a consideration as we can buy the players we REALLY want right now instead of a year down the line.

They can get out of Fun88 next year, no? Big money then incoming along with longer contracts and more money could still be spent this window.

It’s a signing up there with Haaland and Nunez, he has the pace and power to unsettle any defence in the league. Can be a poacher as well as firing in rockets. He can cover for Wilson but also play left or right.

That’s why they’ve paid the fee, otherwise they would have had to pay the same amount on 2 players.

Just now, Froggy said:

:lol: 

Can everyone who criticised our spending on Casemiro have a little word with themselves?

£60m for Isak. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

Both teams have bought something they really needed for a fee they deemed acceptable. Don’t see the problem with either.