Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United - 28/8/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Doubt we'll see Isak on the bench even.

Think we'll see:

Pope

Trippier-Schar-Burn-Targett

Willock-Bruno-Joelinton

Almiron-Wood-ASM

Hope to see:

Pope

Trippier-Schar-Botman-Targett

Anderson-Bruno-Joelinton

Almiron-Isak-ASM

We are certainly able to win, and I'm optimistic of at least a point no matter how Howe set up the team, but mentally preparing for the doomers to get out of the woodwork to cry about whatever if we were to slip up with a narrow defeat against a well drilled and talented Wolves team.

55 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Why would we not have Isak in the squad? He's fully fit and played last weekend. We don't have to build him up from scratch. If he's eligible he's got to feature in the 20 with Wilson out.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Howe will entertain the idea of involving him without having barely met any of the players let alone stepped foot on the training field or had any sort of tactical briefings.

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Howe will entertain the idea of involving him without having barely met any of the players let alone stepped foot on the training field or had any sort of tactical briefings.

I'd expect he'll train today. 

7 hours ago, Conjo said:

Doubt we'll see Isak on the bench even.

Think we'll see:

Pope

Trippier-Schar-Burn-Targett

Willock-Bruno-Joelinton

Almiron-Wood-ASM

Hope to see:

Pope

Trippier-Schar-Botman-Targett

Anderson-Bruno-Joelinton

Almiron-Isak-ASM

We are certainly able to win, and I'm optimistic of at least a point no matter how Howe set up the team, but mentally preparing for the doomers to get out of the woodwork to cry about whatever if we were to slip up with a narrow defeat against a well drilled and talented Wolves team.

Not quite sure what Dan Burn has done wrong for so many to want him out the team like..apart from not being the big name signing

8 minutes ago, jack j said:

Not quite sure what Dan Burn has done wrong for so many to want him out the team like..apart from not being the big name signing

I'm tempted to keep him at LB. Leaves us with 3CBs that are comfortable on the ball, when Trippier bombs forward. Who needs to defend?

8 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Very tough game this one. I don't think we will get anything.

Very tough and it’ll be very close, could go either way too. I reckon a 1-1 or narrow 2-1. I can see us picking up a point though which I’d happily take. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If we are bringing Target straight back in, surely Burn starts over Botman still ?

Don’t think Botman has done enough, nor Burn done too much wrong, for Howe to make the change. So if Targett starts then expect to see Schar and Burn as the CB pairing. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If we are bringing Target straight back in, surely Burn starts over Botman still ?

Targett playing against Tranmere was an indication that he might not start on Sunday, although he was brought off at half time.

I think Burn and Schar are certainties, so it's either Targett or Botman.

Personally, i think Targett gives us more natural width than Burn at left back.

On Isak, best we can hope for is the bench. Wood will start.

51 minutes ago, jack j said:

He's done nothing wrong. It's just that Botman has played against the very best in Man City and then League 2 Tranmere, and I want to see how he performs against a more (on paper) evenly matched team.

16 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Burn took a head knock last weekend so I don’t think he will play this week.

Assuming he was actually concussed, it seems like a 6-day minimum break as per the current concussion guidelines. He could technically make it, but it seems very unlikely. 

Wolves were solid defensively and in possession against spurs. Particularly down their right side where Neto tracked back really well to help Jonny. 

I think ASM will have a much harder and quieter game because of that and I hope fans don't get on his back because of it.

11 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Assuming he was actually concussed, it seems like a 6-day minimum break as per the current concussion guidelines. He could technically make it, but it seems very unlikely. 

Howe's not the type to take risks, I'm sure the intention was to ease Botman in but that opportunity has passed. I'd have no problem sticking with Burn at LB, for this one.