Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United - 28/8/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

At a weird point now where I actually think a draw here would be a poor result , these have been poor for months now and Lage probably won’t last the season, think we should win.

Edited by Geogaddi

8 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

At a weird point now where I actually think a draw here would be a poor result , these have been poor for months now and Lage probably won’t last the season, think we should win.

They outplayed Spurs. They’re a striker away from being really good imo

They are a good team but struggle to hit a barn door. Heard a stat last week that they've had something like 44 shots without scoring now. They've made good signings in Nunes and Guedes but they are outright goalscorers. It's going to be a close one but we've got Isak now hopefully to make an appearance and get us a win.

We can win this, if Isak had come in earlier in the window I’d expect us to get at least a draw. With Wilson out it’ll be Wood starting but I was pleased to see him actually head a ball properly against Tranmere. We have to remember that Trippier and his amazing delivery wasn’t an option for Wood last season because of Tripps being out injured. I’d expect them to link up better now. There’s no hope of Wood linking well with through balls so we’ll have to work on lots of crosses into the box 

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We can win this, if Isak had come in earlier in the window I’d expect us to get at least a draw. With Wilson out it’ll be Wood starting but I was pleased to see him actually head a ball properly against Tranmere. We have to remember that Trippier and his amazing delivery wasn’t an option for Wood last season because of Tripps being out injured. I’d expect them to link up better now. There’s no hope of Wood linking well with through balls so we’ll have to work on lots of crosses into the box 

Despite Tripps being out, Wood had plenty of decent headed chances last season but he cushioned every one of them back to the opposition keeper. Hopefully the goal against Tranmere will get that monkey off his back

Edited by Holmesy

Just now, Holmesy said:

Despite Tripps being out, Wood head plenty of decent headed chances last season but he cushioned every one of them back to the opposition keeper. Hopefully the goal against Tranmere will get that monkey off his back

I agree that he messed up a bunch of chances but our best delivery is from Trippier, he’s just scored a quality header and I think we’re far more likely to have luck with Wood in the air over the ball at his feet 

His goal against Southampton or Wolves last season didn't seem to do anything in terms of getting his tail up, he was still constantly on his heels after that. Yet to be convinced Tranmere will be different but we've at least shown we can get a result with him in the team before 

2 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Draws away against any of last season's top 10 is a cracking result imo.

Wood has looked really low on confidence pretty much from day one. I'd love to see him fired up and believing in himself, because he can definitely finish given the right service. It's a shame we've never really seen him as part of a pair up top. 

https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/newcastle-h-28-8-build-up-match-thread.37930/

One of the more level headed fan boards out there by the looks of things. Surprised they don’t seem to massively rate Sa, I thought he was seen as one of the best in the league last year.

They looked great against Tottenham first half, we can definitely get a result but without Wilson we’re tepid up top, hopefully Isak gets more than 20 minutes of needed.