Liverpool vs. Newcastle United - 31/8/22 @ 8pm (BTSport)

We never have a full team when we go away somewhere to a big side it seems. So annoying. 

Pope. Trip. Schar. Botman. Targett. Willock. Joelinton. Longstaff. Anderson. Fraser. Isak. 

Anderson as a wide forward, Fraser as a typical winger and Isak up top. Assumes Maxi is unable to play or on bench. Almiron as a sub. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

If that's the lineup I'd be tempted to rest Trippier as well :lol:

Honestly same. Surprised he's likely to be fit given how he pulled up at Wolves (even stopped taking corners) so would prefer not to aggravate in a game like this.

1 hour ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Saw a thread on Twitter which highlighted that the team shape has been more like a 343 in possession the last few games with Burn dropping in but back to a 433/451 out of possession.

Yeah I think it was more prevalent in the Wolves game. I cannot see him starting three CB’s and Targett though.

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Felt like after their game with Man U, that we could go there and give these a right game at Anfield for once.  But ASM, Wilson, Bruno and possibly Isak all missing just means we'll be absolutely toothless in attack.  Oh and they then went and won 9-0 the next game :lol: 

Not to be defeatist.  But I don't really see it as too much of a problem if we can just get through this game without taking a hiding.  Then hopefully get 1-2 back for Palace and West Ham the week after.  

Fraser looked lively when he came on against Wolves.  I'm not a massive fan of his, but he is direct and will look to cross it, at least.  Which should mean that Wood won't be completely ineffective in the box.  

You thought they were beatable after Man U but they went on to win their next game 9-0, so be defeatist all you want.

Expect nothing from this, as long as whatever team is put out gives it their all.

I'm sure they will, but our toothless-ness in attack even prior to injuries was glaring even then.

This would not be a bad time to play them with a fully fit squad but I'm struggling to see where a goal is coming from.  Wood will be up front and he is genuinely hopeless, oddly enough when he played for burnley he'd be one of the players I would be wary of but since he signed for us I cannot see one thing he does well. He's slow, immobile, always offside and isn't that good in the air.

So that said I think will will get nil, Liverpool won't 

Given injuries:

Pope

Trippier     Schar      Botman      Burn

Longstaff 

Joelinton

Willock 

Miggy                                     Fraser

Isak

Looks most likely but wouldn't be surprised to see 5 at the back and Targett come in.

Klopp on Newcastle breaking into the top six: "They will be the next team to do it, if Eddie [Howe] gets time, and I'm not sure he needs another transfer window, but they will definitely be there and that is the football world we live in.

"Newcastle is a great club. They've had success in the past. They have everything you need to be a top six club."

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Klopp on Newcastle breaking into the top six: "They will be the next team to do it, if Eddie [Howe] gets time, and I'm not sure he needs another transfer window, but they will definitely be there and that is the football world we live in.

"Newcastle is a great club. They've had success in the past. They have everything you need to be a top six club."

Still a cunt.

2 hours ago, buzz said:

Honestly same. Surprised he's likely to be fit given how he pulled up at Wolves (even stopped taking corners) so would prefer not to aggravate in a game like this.

I was into a few beers and nervously fast drinking like I always do watching our games in the pub. So I might be remembering it wrong. But Targett’s corners seemed more dangerous overall. 

Did find it odd that he let Schar take the free kick and all. 

1 hour ago, 1964 said:

This would not be a bad time to play them with a fully fit squad but I'm struggling to see where a goal is coming from.  Wood will be up front and he is genuinely hopeless, oddly enough when he played for burnley he'd be one of the players I would be wary of but since he signed for us I cannot see one thing he does well. He's slow, immobile, always offside and isn't that good in the air.

So that said I think will will get nil, Liverpool won't 

I suspect with Burnley he benefitted from an attacking partner who can take the brunt of the attention. Maybe could have become a lone striker, but 5 years of relative success has left it's mark. Get Isak on with him and he'll be fire. Lol. 

I'd drop Willock from the team, and play Isak up front, with Miggy on the right. Yeah that leaves Joelinton and Longstaff vulnerable, but midfield is Liverpools weakness.

As long as we come away with momentum. Not crucial we get something but it is crucial we go into Palace with the momentum that we have had.

We can't be going feeling sorry for ourselves if we get a pasting. Let's give a good showing, like at City.