Liverpool vs. Newcastle United - 31/8/22 @ 8pm (BTSport)

Wor Eddie said:

Still no work permit for Isak, they have until 75 minutes before kick off.

Trippier should be OK.

Both Bruno and ASM are doubts with hamstring injuries, but neither are serious.

Edited by The Prophet

How the fuck are we still waiting on the work permit if other players/teams get them within a day or so (as someone mentioned another club signed a player on the Thursday and he could play on the Saturday)?

Also worrying that Bruno, ASM and Wilson all have hamstring injuries, serious or not, as there's always a risk of it reoccurring.

Edited by Sean

So we are looking at this line-up tomorrow?

Pope; Trippier, Schär, Botman, Targett; Longstaff, Willock, Joelinton; Almiron, Wood, Fraser

At least we have a solid defense because i can’t see us creating much with that line-up.

Just now, BeloEmre said:

So we are looking at this line-up tomorrow?

Pope; Trippier, Schär, Botman, Targett; Longstaff, Willock, Joelinton; Almiron, Wood, Fraser

At least we have a solid defense because i can’t see us creating much with that line-up.

If that's the lineup I'd be tempted to rest Trippier as well :lol:

I wonder if Howe may look to go to a back 3 for this game, give we have so many injuries.

Pope

Schar   Botman  Burn

Trippier                                   Targett

Joelinton    Willock

Almiron                      Fraser

Wood

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I wonder if Howe may look to go to a back 3 for this game, give we have so many injuries.

Pope

Schar   Botman  Burn

Trippier                                   Targett

Joelinton    Willock

Almiron                      Fraser

Wood

Can’t see Willock in a midfield 2.

1 minute ago, BoSelecta said:

Can’t see Willock in a midfield 2.

I thought the same, but the alternative is Longstaff, or a youngster that has only played 5 minutes of Premier League football :lol:

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Howe is married to his 4-3-3

Before the City game I though he might go 3 at the back in certain games but I cannot see it now.

Saw a thread on Twitter which highlighted that the team shape has been more like a 343 in possession the last few games with Burn dropping in but back to a 433/451 out of possession.

Felt like after their game with Man U, that we could go there and give these a right game at Anfield for once.  But ASM, Wilson, Bruno and possibly Isak all missing just means we'll be absolutely toothless in attack.  Oh and they then went and won 9-0 the next game :lol: 

Not to be defeatist.  But I don't really see it as too much of a problem if we can just get through this game without taking a hiding.  Then hopefully get 1-2 back for Palace and West Ham the week after.  

Fraser looked lively when he came on against Wolves.  I'm not a massive fan of his, but he is direct and will look to cross it, at least.  Which should mean that Wood won't be completely ineffective in the box.