Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

He was excellent, I would honestly be the first to jump on him.

He was. Feels unfair to be sniping at lads who played heroically tonight only to be robbed by circumstance. They didn't deserve that, none of them. Even Klopp couldn't seem to believe his luck.

Proud of the club, management team and players (except Murphy and especially Wood) tonight.

I hope we have more class than Liverpool when we become better than them. Won't be very hard will it? [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

It's a convention among referees that they never blow for time if a team has just got a corner. They always let them take it and then blow up when the attack has concluded. I suspect that's what happened here. 

Disappointing to have lost at the end, but we did run out of steam. 

Klopp has gone down in my estimation, I must say. All that histrionic moaning.

And I'd lay any odds that Harvey Elliott will be in the next England squad. He had a great game. 

Klopp behaved like a grade A cunt throughout the entire game. I used to like him but he seems like a desperate man. Liverpool have lost that wow factor and I think he knows it.

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

Can't believe people are actually blaming Joelinton for that goal like, can we start blaming Howe next then?

one thing that I have learned tonight, from comments about the team selection, to comments made with the wonder of hindsight, is that there are many wet fannies posting here.

I'm not normally one to complain about 'extra' stoppage time - the board amount is a minimum. But that much with no major incident seems mad and find it hard to believe would've gone on that long at, say, Wolves.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

You go in the corner to hold a win, not a draw.

I was feeling frustrated with Joe but aye, you're right, fuck it. It's how Howe puts us out there and I wouldn't change it for anything tbh. We didn't lose because of that anyway. 

Just now, mikejaxer said:

Can't believe people are actually blaming Joelinton for that goal like, can we start blaming Howe next then?

Who's done that? 

Just think at 95th minute, with players dead on their feet and dropping with cramp, and the balls in the corner you just hold onto it away to one of the best sides in Europe. Just buy some time for your team and get a breather for everyone. Win a free kick, a corner, a throw in or wait for support. 

The odds of Elliot Anderson scoring up against Van Dijk and Gomez are very slim. 

Joelinton had a very good game. No idea where you think I'm pinning the blame on him for the goal mind. Just wish we had kept it in the corner and saw it out. 

Not sure why people are getting upset over that thought. 

Had this wrote off in my head today, and when I seen the starting XI had resigned to a 2+ goal defeat... however after the performance and the manner of the defeat, it was absolutely fucking gut wrenching... and still do feel genuinely sick, talk about time wasting all you like, there was absolutely no reason for 8 minutes added time to be played, is this a sign of the times, and things to come, that were all devastated that we've left Anfield with nothing, and this was without arguably our 3 best players.... I'm proud of the team, the manager and the Club tonight and 

Isak..... he  looks like a proper player,

Hopefully a new addition or 2 tomorrow. And 3 points on Saturday...

Future is bright have no worries about that

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I'm not normally one to complain about 'extra' stoppage time - the board amount is a minimum. But that much with no major incident seems mad and find it hard to believe would've gone on that long at, say, Wolves.

4minutes in the first half as well, which you never see.

Cunts. Gutted but know that Eddie will use this as a learning moment in our development.

We are going to fucking bullyram the fuck out of the next unfortunate team in our path. 

Liverpool (H) will be marked on the calendar.

I like that we went for it and didn't waste time, this is the sort of club we should be. it's just really unlucky that they ended up scoring of the last kick of the game but had Anderson got a shot in and scored it would've been a whole different story, the fact is coming into Anfield missing arguably our best 3 players and putting in that performance shows how far we've come in a relatively short time, plenty of positives to take from this and we have a chance to get back at them in St. James Park later in the season.

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

35 seconds for a goal kick in extra time is normal, stuff like that happens every game and time isn't added on. Same with kicking the ball away.

That’s what I don’t get, what even counts as wasted time? Nobody knows, the ref doesn’t have to explain, it’s so random. 

16 minutes ago, Conjo said:

To win the game? :lol:

I think Joe could have kept the ball in the corner nut his pass to Anderson was fine. Elliot should have laid the ball back once he couldn't get his shot away. The shot should be in the top corner or out of play allowing us to get back into shape.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That’s what I don’t get, what even counts as wasted time? Nobody knows, the ref doesn’t have to explain, it’s so random. 

They love their technology they could have an injury time clock, but that would just expose the corruption.