Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace - 3/9/22 @ 3:00pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

It’s a joke this season in particular that teams playing midweek in the league aren’t lined up together with their opponents for the weekend. That extra days rest is massive after the effort in tonight.

I'm going for a win here - 2:0 to us. Just think we have a point to prove after tonight. 

Not underestimating Palace, but let's not underestimate us either. We've been fearless so far this season. Main thing that could scupper us is further injuries (as well as dodgy officiating of course). 

9 hours ago, Decky said:

It’s a joke this season in particular that teams playing midweek in the league aren’t lined up together with their opponents for the weekend. That extra days rest is massive after the effort in tonight.

Your Klopp is showing.

I see your point but that would just be another thing added to the already crazy list of things that the fixture "computer" has to decide on. 

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

Gotta bad feeling about this cunt

Could have done with a few extra days off with the amount of effort we've put in these first 5 games

I was looking forward to it but Hope just said on some live podcast that Bruno is likely to miss or again. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Feels like the first match since Forest where we're probably favourites. I know Wolves are struggling table wise but they were excellent at Spurs and were at home with some decent new signings.

365 have us at evens and Palace at 14/5.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Pope

Trippier Schär Botman Targett

S. Longstaff Guimarães Joelinton

Almirón Isak Fraser

2-0

Would prefer "Billy" to Longshaft:

Pope

Trippier Schär Botman Targett

Elliot Guimarães Joelinton

Almirón Isak Fraser

Basically just echoing what everyone else has said.  We need to be winning this and then try to kick on and pick up a good chunk of points.  With a favourable run coming up until the international break and a couple of games beyond.  

I think we're probably a point or two ahead of where I expected us to be at the start of the season.  But then to lose a point last night with the last kick of the game and to not get all three against an awful looking Wolves side feel like missed opportunities. 

I think there would be a tiny bit of pressure on the West Ham game, if we didn't win on Saturday.  

That said, Palace are no mugs.  They have started the season well, despite a quite a difficult set of fixtures to start the season.  

We expecting Bruno to be back for this game then?  Certainly need a bit of a change to the midfield, as they all looked absolutely fucked towards the end last night.  Can't keep that intensity up if it's the same midfield 3, playing 3 games in 6 days

Just now, ilikenewcastle said:

Got to fancy us at home against anyone. Would feel a lot better without the injuries, hard fought midweek game and 1 day fewer rest.

Think we should be targeting 10 points from next 5 games. Ambitious but realistic and 16pts from 10 games would be a class start.

Delewdid jawdee here but I think we should be looking at winning all of our next 4 home games; Palace, Bournemouth, Brentford, Everton. A draw at West Ham, look to beat Fulham, free hit at Old Trafford. Job's a goodun. We have our best players to come back in during that run as well, may have a full squad to pick from for Bournemouth (h).