Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace - 3/9/22 @ 3:00pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

6 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Your Klopp is showing.

I see your point but that would just be another thing added to the already crazy list of things that the fixture "computer" has to decide on. 

Doesn't really have to decide anything. Like the European games, just shift a game to the Sunday, if there is a midweek game following a Sunday game.

Admittedly that looks a lot easier to do right now, with no cup games until November. Next year might be a nightmare.

Edited by Happinesstan

5 hours ago, HTT II said:

This will be tougher than the Liverpool game I feel!

Same here, crazy as it sounds. And to be honest I've no reason to doubt the team that Howe puts out, but we were up for it vs Liverpool, and Man City. This is the first home game that doesn't have any particular edge to it, and Palace are to be underestimated at our peril.

3 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

But then to lose a point last night with the last kick of the game and to not get all three against an awful looking Wolves side feel like missed opportunities. 

This is why I've tempered my expectations. I think we were always likely to be heavily dependent on the squad, and would inevitably miss some of those opportunitires. After the first few games, though, I'm less worried about our backups. And if you follow @Optimistic Nut's chart, we actually appear to be doing better than expected. Once we're n full flow things should begin to take shape quite nicely.

Nobody likes injuries, but I stand by my thinking that [Krafth aside] it's been more precautionary than necessary. Howe has never once given any impression that the team on the pitch isn't capable, and they've backed him up.

Hopefully a repeat of last season. Palace are hyped beyond belief because they don’t get thrashed against the top teams but when it boils down to it are bang average and supported by total wankers. Hopefully Wiwf gets a paddy on and gives up early doors if he hasn’t already fucked off.

13 minutes ago, Disco said:

Hopefully a repeat of last season. Palace are hyped beyond belief because they don’t get thrashed against the top teams but when it boils down to it are bang average and supported by total wankers. Hopefully Wiwf gets a paddy on and gives up early doors if he hasn’t already fucked off.

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can't see any way a home game to Palace is tougher than an away game at Anfield with our reserve team. It's a tough game which we shouldn't underestimate, but I can't see why we would.

Both good points. 

I guess it boils down to how much Palace raise their game for this. They're at as much danger of underestimating ourselves.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can't see any way a home game to Palace is tougher than an away game at Anfield with our reserve team. It's a tough game which we shouldn't underestimate, but I can't see why we would.

Expectations, the fact they have done well away to City and LFC themselves in the past, are hard to break down, can press or counter and never seem to give up. I really like the balance Vieira seems to get them set up since he arrived.

6 hours ago, Disco said:

Depends how much the Holmesdale boys get behind them. A few Dairylea sandwiches on the train up should see them full of energy. Too much Asda Blue Bolt and they might crash second half, though.

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Depends how much the Holmesdale boys get behind them. A few Dairylea sandwiches on the train up should see them full of energy. Too much Asda Blue Bolt and they might crash second half, though.

Love the Homeslice lads songs

Na na na Na na na Na na na…

Dur DUR Dur DUR…

Can see a couple of changes to the team for this one.

Think Botman and Schar will come back in. Bruno too if fit. Hopefully Maxi can play but I doubt he will be ready. 

Pope

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Targett

Bruno (Longstaff if not fit)

Willock

Joelinton

ASM (Fraser if not fit)

Isak

Miggy

Would also like to see Anderson come on for Willock a bit earlier around the 60/65 minute mark. 

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Had a decent enough start to the season but can’t help but feel like this is a must win game or else all of a sudden our start to the season actually looks poor.

Must win is a touch dramatic like. Four points from the next two would be a handy return.