Harrison Ashby (on loan at Swansea City)

James

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Genuine question - where’s the info come from that he wants to come here? And do they have to sell even if he hands in a transfer request.

We wouldn't be bidding if they knew he wasn't interested, so I would guess from himself. They don't have to sell if he hands in a transfer request, but as his contract runs out in the summer anyway, they'd be best placed to get something rather than nothing for him. Our end know this so playing low ball with the bid. I think well get him this window. Going off my "Pete Graves Bell Whiff" intuition that is [emoji38]

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

We wouldn't be bidding if they knew he wasn't interested, so I would guess from himself. They don't have to sell if he hands in a transfer request, but as his contract runs out in the summer anyway, they'd be best placed to get something rather than nothing for him. Our end know this so playing low ball with the bid. I think well get him this window. Going off my "Pete Graves Bell Whiff" intuition that is [emoji38]

We’ve bid for loads of players who aren’t interested, loads turned us down and that’s nothing wrong with that as you have to try.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

We’ve bid for loads of players who aren’t interested, loads turned us down and that’s nothing wrong with that as you have to try.

Agreed, but in this particular case, I believe its as I've posted above, without any guarantee I'm right [emoji38]   Time will tell.

10 hours ago, Gawalls said:

How do you know this?

We are linked in the media to 'loads' of players, but I doubt if we have 'bid' for any of them !!

All a bit odd. West Ham seem to want to keep him, but they're not playing him - he's made 7 appearances. No-one but us seems to be after him.

I've not seen the player, and I trust our scouting system and Eddie's judgement of a player. It looked like no other Premiership team were after Botman, and he got that right.