How would you rate the Transfer Window?

Rate the Window.  

326 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the transfer window?

We do one of these most windows, so the signings (with the exception of Fede who is likely going to Elche but isn't confirmed yet)

First Team

Transfers In:

Alex Murphy - Galway United; Undisclosed (Contract TBC)

Matt Targett - Aston Villa; £13 Million (4 Year Deal)

Nick Pope - Burnley; £10 Million (4 Year Deal)

Sven Botman - LOSC Lille; £32 Million (5 Year Deal)

Charlie McArthur - Kilmarnock; Undisclosed (Contract TBC)

Jude Smith - East Fife - Undisclosed (2 Year Deal)

Alexander Isak - Real Sociadad; £60 Million (6 Year Deal)

Transfers Out:

Isaac Hayden - Norwich City; Season Long Loan (Potential obligation to buy)

Freddie Woodman - Preston North End; Undisclosed

Dan Langley - Gateshead; Season Long Loan

Jeff Hendrick - Reading; Season Long Loan

Ciaran Clark - Sheff United; Season Long Loan

Dwight Gayle - Stoke City; Free

Lucas De Bolle - Hamilton Academical; Season Long Loan

Martin Dubravka - Man United; Season Long Loan (£2m loan fee)

Matty Longstaff - Colchester United; 6 Month Loan

Kell Watts - Peterborough - 6 month loan

Signed New Contract:

Fabian Schar (2 Year Deal)

Sean Longstaff (3 Year Deal)

Paul Dummett (1 Year Deal)

Emil Krafth (1 Year Extension)

Lucas De Bolle (2 Year Deal)

Academy

Retained:

Under 18s - Harry Barclay; Kyle Crossley; James Huntley; Jamie Miley; Michael Ndiweni; Joshua Stewart

Under 23s - Matthew Bondswell; Niall Brookwell; Will Brown; Lewis Cass; Joe Oliver; Dylan Stephenson.

Released:

Under 18s - Piotr Banda; Liam Chrystal; Joel Green; Josh Nicholson; Nathan Robertson

Under 23s - Tom Allan; Ryan Barrett; Brad Cross; Oisín McEntee; Mo Sangare; Regan Thomson; Jake Turner; Adam Wilson.

With our business almost certainly done, it's an 9/10 from me.

I came into summer really wanting a midfielder and a right winger, we didn't get either and I'm still delighted.

If we add three or four players per window and one to two of those are of Champions League quality, we'll quickly progress, that's exactly what we've done. Like Bruno, Botman and Isak are absolute game changing signings that I never dreamed we'd be able to attract at this stage in our evolution.

Throw in Pope and Targett who significantly strengthen the back like and that rounds off a really tidy window.

Yes we're a bit short in midfield and still lack a bit of quality up top, but that will come in future windows. Quality over quantity is a good approach in the long run.

We've also managed to shift loads of deadwood with the Clark, Fede, Hayden, Longstaff, Hendrick, and Gayle all shifted from the wage bill. 

The only two blemish was losing Dubravka, but he clearly wanted away.

8/10, love all our incomings, slight disappointment we didn’t manage to shift Murphy on a loan and bring in a RW but overall, delighted with our progress and can’t wait to just properly enjoy the season now. Fuck Liverpool 

8/10. Needed a RW of the same quality as ASM to give us a huge chance of top 6. We're so close, so there's frustration there. Another body in CM would have been ideal as well. But, look at this shit compared to 12 months ago. Fucking so good to have our club back

Signing players like Isak and Botman at this stage is phenomenal business whichever way you look at.

Pope and Targett big upgrades on what we had too.

Yes, we're a bit short of bodies & quality but they will know that. I'd rather they hung on for targets they've researched, than splurged money on any cunt. 

We'll obviously go again in January.

8/10

Edited by UncleBingo

9/10

An 8.5 rounded up

10/10 for effort and that's everything I care about tbh.

Would only have been better had we signed Diaby or Harrison and Dubravka hadn't been a big baby.

We signed the left back we all love, a 'keeper who already makes me feel completely calm, our first choice CB who looks class, and one of the hottest prospects in world football. We also brought in Dan Ashworth and a highly rated CEO. It's been brilliant.

People worrying about this that and the other just need to step back, realise we can't do it all in one go, and maybe learn to enjoy the ride a bit more, this is supposed to be fun. :lol:

9/10

Fucking outstanding business! Pope, Botman and Isak I'm proper buzzing with the quality of players we have signed! 

Would of liked a CM but compare this to the years of shit we have had I'm very pleased!!

For me it's 8/10 and i'm even being a bit harsh as we have left ourselves slightly vulnerable with a lack of quality depth, which i've no doubt will come in time.

Absolutely nobody on here knows for sure the financial conditions we operate under. I mean, this summer's window was the first one where we even had a technical/sporting director and a CEO, the prior window we had the owners doing everything. Think it's been brilliant and we even have one of the absolute top young strikers in world football at our club now, imagine that at any point over the last 15 years man.

Edited by LionOfGosforth