Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace; post match frustration from p26

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Elephant said:

I was absolutely sure I would get this hostile and angry response, are we really the best fans in the world? I just said I’m worried because one win in 6 games - and this is what I get. I’m not going to write anything here anymore. Don’t like this place so much anymore after I just said I was worried.

You do get idiots but there’s a lot of good posters, I posted the Forest score just because it came up on tv and got “Nobody gives a fuck - ffs”.

Just ignore them posts

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

But he's productive. He's convinced me.

Hes out of the Murphy/Almiron/Fraser discussion. The people with no end product is the players who are playing there time after time, ending up with the same result agin and again. 

Just now, Carlito said:

If that's aimed at me, I'm not saying he's shit ffs :lol:

It was a shit finish though, no getting around that. Exactly the same as what Murphy did last season.

Not aimed at you. Haven’t even read the comments in this thread. Just a general feeling about what a lot of our fans are probably going to be saying. 

Ref sees nothing wrong.  Is told to look at a video which shows him quite clearly that Willock was fouled.  So it's either a pen or a goal, and he comes away disallowing the goal..  You've got to think he's been told its a foul in the keeper and then just went to stare blankly at the screen for a bit before giving the foul he was told to give.  Nobody can look at that and make that decision if they actually think while they're doing it.

Also Anderson has looked great in his brief appearances so far. Can understand why he’s not being started though although I think it will happen in the next 4/5 games, we look tired after this run of matches. Let’s manage this kid carefully and not throw him straight into the deepend after only having a season in league 2.

Edited by Nine

We matched Palace on the day and were once again screwed over by VAR, but putting that to one side it's what we all knew, just not enough quality in the squad as a whole and any time we have key players missing we will struggle to score goals and really take it to teams, even at home, Almiron, Murphy, Willock, Longstaff have shown time and again they just aren't good enough at this level, and I think when we finish 10th this season we will wonder what could have been if we'd got in a proper CM and or winger a bit earlier.

On the positive side though, we've only lost 1 game in 6 and that was a VAR joke, and we've looked fairly threatening and continued our defensive solidity, we need to get another win on the board soon though or arses will start to twitch.

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Lets slag players of constantly eh?

They're not good enough but what kind of support is constantly going on about it ffs - its bordering on hate with some of yous

Funny thing here. Did I say anything bad about players or Howe?

Lack of cutting edge the only thing which is going to hurt us this season, had enough decent chances to win and about 15 set pieces. Can't fault the effort and we're still in a decent position, having played Man City & Liverpool already and some of our best players to come back. 

Oh, and we didn't lose. All good.

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Most of us knew but today really showed how badly hit this squad is by 2/3 key injuries, the drop off in quality is massive. We just lack that cutting edge going forward without ASM and Bruno.. with that being said we should have still won that game between Isaks, Willocks chances and the wrongly disallowed goal.

3 of our top players out and the squad can't cope. It's unfortunate but I doubt we will have 3 top players out very often 

Just now, Andy said:

Shocking decision by the ref aside, a draw is probably fair. They had chances too and a good spell in the second half where our midfield completely vanished. 

Finishing was very poor. Sick of seeing Murphy coming on to the pitch, complete waste of space. 

Not sure I agree, like. They had some decent chances. Pope made a couple of great stops. Which is becoming standard for him. 

But we have bombarded their goal at times, hit the post, Almiron missed an easy chance, Willock a sitter, Isak a one on one, Guita has made two top class stops that I can remember from Willock and the header from the corner. A lot of last ditch defending from them, as well. 

Ignoring the VAR howler. I still Thought we deserved the win. Even though we lost control of the game at times. 

Positives - clean sheet

The rest…

Willock can fuck off, Anderson did more in his brief spell than he’s done all season. 

Edited by HTT II

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Dont see him as an out and out winger. Lacks speed

He's a decent short term solution. He certainly caused Palace more problems than Fraser. He's got skill and confidence in an abundance. 

We'd have won today comfortably I reckon had Bruno and/or ASM been playing. We should really be sitting here typing this being 6 games unbeaten which is quite annoying. 

There needs to be cameras in the VAR room so the public can hear the discussions they are having around these things.

I bet today it went along the lines of "how can we fuck Newcastle over.."

Almost as if Hairy Hands and Olly Holt were making the call. Wouldn't surprise me if a large percentage of referees have the same type of biased opinions as those cunts.

Or if it's only one guy then there needs to be at least 2. That was beyond a bad call, corruption is the more likely cause of something that ridiculous.

Edited by Sean

5 minutes ago, worthy said:

Supporting 1 way traffic is some bullshit RAWK shit. They are bad, frustration will come when bad players do fucking bad things.

Never booed a player in my life. Seen hundreds of shite ones.

Used to have a whole team full of them. Didn't mean we got on them from the off

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, OverThere said:

3 of our top players out and the squad can't cope. It's unfortunate but I doubt we will have 3 top players out very often 

That is true however the style we play under Howe defo invites more injuries than it might otherwise, just the nature of the beast really. Looking forward to seeing ASM and Bruno back as we are heading into a pretty favourable run of fixtures now.