West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

21 hours ago, Klaus said:

We have a cost of living crisis, where people can't afford to eat, yet many millions of tax payers money will be spent on a state funeral and Charles' Coronation. I think the people have every right to demonstrate their feelings. Like it or not, the Royal family are emblematic of the ever dividing class system in Britain.

You do realise that when they say "millions spent on X" they don't just put a big pile of money in a field and set fire to it, KLF-style?

The millions spent on the funeral is going to people, mostly normal people. Overtime for police and security guards, money for people in the transport industry, money to people actually doing things for the funeral. Charles doesn't get any of it, nor does any of it just evaporate into thin air. It's government money (from taxpayers, sure) given back to the people in some way.

If anything, spending millions on the funeral helps normal people eat. You know what doesn't help anyone though? Bank holidays. But that's the one thing everyone seems in favour of and I don't hear anyone (myself included, tbf) suggesting we shouldn't have one of those....

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

You do realise that when they say "millions spent on X" they don't just put a big pile of money in a field and set fire to it, KLF-style?

The millions spent on the funeral is going to people, mostly normal people. Overtime for police and security guards, money for people in the transport industry, money to people actually doing things for the funeral. Charles doesn't get any of it, nor does any of it just evaporate into thin air. It's government money (from taxpayers, sure) given back to the people in some way.

If anything, spending millions on the funeral helps normal people eat. You know what doesn't help anyone though? Bank holidays. But that's the one thing everyone seems in favour of and I don't hear anyone (myself included, tbf) suggesting we shouldn't have one of those....

:slowclap:

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

If Charles keels over soon too maybe there will be enough money back to the people to get them through the winter months.

More royal funerals!