Newcastle United vs. Bournemouth: 17/09/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Johnny

25 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It's all about policing resources apparently but I can't see that being an issue. This game is 2 days before the funeral and Bournemouth are only bringing up 1200 fans and they aren't wankers ie bother causers.

Two of the games this week are on the Friday as well. We'd be the only Saturday 3pm game. Seems like it would be one of the easiest set of fixtures you could ever get to handle. 

Not going to prologue negativity, pessimism and toxicity by saying a defeat would be this, that or the other; I just desperately hope we win. Not least because it's my mum's first time back at SJP since 1994 and my first ever with her. Should be a pretty good occasion regardless but aye, got to feel hopeful of a positive result. 

At this moment in time I'm assuming it'll be on so I'll be fucking raging if it's off for no genuine logistical reason. 

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not going to prologue negativity, pessimism and toxicity by saying a defeat would be this, that or the other; I just desperately hope we win. Not least because it's my mum's first time back at SJP since 1994 and my first ever with her. Should be a pretty good occasion regardless but aye, got to feel hopeful of a positive result. 

:smitten:

Hope it goes ahead for you and your mum and yous both have a great time of it culminating in a Toon win, I’m loving how many people I know who are starting to go back or taking their loved ones for a game or two and how now every Geordie boy and girl are kitted out in black and white again even on none match days as I’m witnessing more and more.

My own mum’s last match was back in the 70s, she couldn't name a single player today and can only really recall Shearer, Speed, Sir Bobby and KK as figures associated with NUFC, that and Supermac who she adored apparently as a younger version of herself, he was so handsome and devilish in her words. I hope to take her to a match soon and my step-dad who is from Oakhampton and isn’t a football fan, but says he’d love to go to SJP one day.

Edited by HTT II

My first game back this season, I’ll be gutted if it’s off. Hoping all the attacking pressure we’ve been enjoying, without converting, is finished off by Isak.

if Bruno, ASM & Isak start I think we could smash them all over. Still fancy us with just Isak.

5 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

My first game back this season, I’ll be gutted if it’s off. Hoping all the attacking pressure we’ve been enjoying, without converting, is finished off by Isak.

if Bruno, ASM & Isak start I think we could smash them all over. Still fancy us with just Isak.

He's decent like but fuck me I think he'd struggle against 11

We really should comfortably win this and we badly need to because we need another win on the board. Following on from that Palace draw with more points dropped at home would really dampen our start to the season. 

I totally understand the cancellation of games last week, regardless of what other sports did. However, there is no reason, given the timeline of events in the coming week, that this game should be cancelled and would also be annoyed if so.

As for the game itself, would be extremely disappointed if we don't come away with a comfortable win. Should be almost full strength for this I'd expect and at home, so no reason we can't take the game to them and look to put it to bed early.