Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

Can only think of Anderson going to Bristol Rovers as being a successful loan for one of our players. It’s time to get that Ashley apologist Shola out of the club as he’s clearly not having a positive impact on our young player’s development.

Central midfield man ffs. Get him back here and have him on the bench over playing in that farmers league. 

On 02/02/2023 at 21:13, Danh1 said:

Can only think of Anderson going to Bristol Rovers as being a successful loan for one of our players. It’s time to get that Ashley apologist Shola out of the club as he’s clearly not having a positive impact on our young player’s development.

Central midfield man ffs. Get him back here and have him on the bench over playing in that farmers league. 

Longstaff at Blackpool went ok also

On 02/02/2023 at 21:13, Danh1 said:

There’s no way he’s ready to be anywhere near the prem yet

Not looking the smartest loan move at the minute this, played out of position midweek then benched again.

We should do more research on these shite fucking managers we’re handing players over to.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Not looking the smartest loan move at the minute this, played out of position midweek then benched again.

We should do more research on these shite fucking managers we’re handing players over to.

I don't have the slightest clue who their manager is, but no wonder Scottish football is in a mess if this twat is in a job.

I cant imagie the intention was ever really for him to be regularly playing weeks after he landed, like. Immediately getting minutes in his desired position and it being a loan as we'd generally understand it. He was here what, 10 days before he moved? Just being in and around a first team is more than enough. And he's just up the road and has international team mates there. Its just a settling in period, cant help but think those who are going "Oh this is useless" are being rather OTT.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

I don't have the slightest clue who their manager is, but no wonder Scottish football is in a mess if this twat is in a job.

Heads up for folk on here monitoring his progress - Kuol did very well for the second goal today and from what I hear seems to be enjoying his time in Scotland so far. The boy is incredibly raw though. Plays a bit like a schoolkid but one of those kids that isn't afraid to mix it. On a steep learning curve but his speed is immediately clear to see.

Can you elaborate on how Scottish football is a mess, btw? Or is this just a lazy line as a substitute for lack of knowledge about the game?

Edited by EdinburghKuol

10 minutes ago, EdinburghKuol said:

Heads up for folk on here monitoring his progress - Kuol did very well for the second goal today and from what I hear seems to be enjoying his time in Scotland so far. The boy is incredibly raw though. Plays a bit like a schoolkid but one of those kids that isn't afraid to mix it. On a steep learning curve but his speed is immediately clear to see.

Can you elaborate on how Scottish football is a mess, btw? Or is this just a lazy line as a substitute for lack of knowledge about the game?

That's good to hear, he is a schoolkid really, he's 18 and was often coming of the bench for an australian a league side before joining us. 

7 minutes ago, EdinburghKuol said:

Heads up for folk on here monitoring his progress - Kuol did very well for the second goal today and from what I hear seems to be enjoying his time in Scotland so far.

Lazy line for sure, although the unchanging Celtic-Rangers monopoly of the SPL does dull the senses somewhat. Hopefully Hearts will one day soon put up a sustained challenge. 

Thanks for the update on Kuol.

20 minutes ago, TomYam said:

Lazy line for sure, although the unchanging Celtic-Rangers monopoly of the SPL does dull the senses somewhat. Hopefully Hearts will one day soon put up a sustained challenge. 

Thanks for the update on Kuol.

After a difficult late 90s, early 2000s with the collapse of TV deals and sub-par foreign players, Scottish clubs are mainly in a healthy, financially stable position with majority scottish based squads, good stadiums and the highest attendance in europe by population. Celtic and Rangers are both managed by forward thinking coaches and most of the teams in the league try to play good football. The introduction of the pyramid system has seen the game improve at the lower levels. The national team is reaching or close to reaching major tournaments again and we are beginning to demand proper transfer fees for our domestic players as they go down and have decent levels of success e.g. Mcginn (Hibs), Robertson (Dundee United), Van Dijk,  Tierney (Celtic), Patterson (Rangers) Mckenna (Aberdeen). Plus lots in the Championship - Dykes (Livingston) etc... We are lacking a lucrative TV deal that reflects the number of eyes our game actually gets. Hopefully with streaming and pay-per-view models changing the landscape again, we won't be beholden to the shitty, peicemeal coverage SKY pay for and give us due to them having us over a barrel after Setanta collapsed.

There is a lot of really good stuff going on up here. Scotland only needs to compare ourselves with e.g. Danish, Austrian and Belgian leagues, rather than just being laughed and constantly called a mess by our bigger brothers down South in the EPL and the over-hyped English Championship. For a population of 5 million, it really is a highly entertaining, decent league with lots of intrigue. We just need Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen to get themselves going at the same time, unforutnately at least one of us is always in the proverbial mud for whatever reason. 

Edited by EdinburghKuol

3 hours ago, EdinburghKuol said:

It's a lazy line, I don't really follow Scottish football, just assume it's shit because the national team is shit. I have a lot of family in Scotland btw, and they all get really narked when I take the piss. No sense of humour.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

It's a lazy line, I don't really follow Scottish football, just assume it's shit because the national team is shit. I have a lot of family in Scotland btw, and they all get really narked when I take the piss. No sense of humour.

If that is humour then please pass my sympathies onto your family, my man.

No one in Scotland views Geordies as Little Englanders - a lot of love for you guys up here. Newcastle feels like a home from home. 

Our national team is good btw (unless you are comparing us to England which wouldn't be a fair comparison). We just need a proper goal-getter (I was hoping Ross Stewart could kick on but yeah...I'm sure you guys aren't too gutted about his current situation!)

I think you guys have been linked with McTominay and Tierney in the last month or so? Can't be so bad. :)

Edited by EdinburghKuol

12 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol:

Welcome to N-O. Look forward to updates on him if you stick around. :thup:

Happy to continue to provide updates. 

He's an interesting one. Moments of serious potential with the boy. I know you guys might get frustrated that he doesn't get more minutes, but he's looking very raw. He's going to benefit from regularly coming for 20-30 minutes in front of 20,000 sold out stadium of proper British style supporters down his neck. If any of you have attended Tynecastle Stadium then you'll understand what I mean. 

Our training ground is the Oriam (joint funded for SFA and SRU). Basically a slightly smaller St Georges - he couldn't ask for better facilities. 

12448958-1024x646.jpg

NPCS_Aerial___Image____Reiach_and_Hall_A

Edited by EdinburghKuol

8 minutes ago, EdinburghKuol said:

Happy to continue to provide updates. 

He's an interesting one. Moments of serious potential with the boy. I know you guys might get frustrated that he doesn't get more minutes, but he's looking very raw. He's going to benefit from regularly coming for 20-30 minutes in front of 20,000 sold out stadium of proper British style supporters down his neck. If any of you have attended Tynecastle Stadium then you'll understand what I mean. 

Our training ground is the Oriam (joint funded for SFA and SRU). Basically a slightly smaller St Georges - he couldn't ask for better facilities. 

12448958-1024x646.jpg

NPCS_Aerial___Image____Reiach_and_Hall_A

Looks better than ours. :lol: 

19 minutes ago, EdinburghKuol said:

If that is humour then please pass my sympathies onto your family, my man.

No one in Scotland views Geordies as Little Englanders - a lot of love for you guys up here. Newcastle feels like a home from home. 

Our national team is good btw (unless you are comparing us to England which wouldn't be a fair comparison). We just need a proper goal-getter (I was hoping Ross Stewart could kick on but yeah...I'm sure you guys aren't too gutted about his current situation!)

I think you guys have been linked with McTominay and Tierney in the last month or so? Can't be so bad. :)

I can also back a fair bit of this up as an exiled Geordie living in Scotland for the past 18 years. Things are in a lot better shape football wise than they were a decade ago. McTominay is bobbins though 😂

1 minute ago, AJ9 said:

I can also back a fair bit of this up as an exiled Geordie living in Scotland for the past 18 years. Things are in a lot better shape football wise than they were a decade ago. McTominay is bobbins though 😂

When McTominay plays good he is Scottish and when he is bad he's English [emoji38] 

Saw some discussion of Kuol staying on at Hearts next season and the possibility of playing next season. Wikipedia says 1st and 2nd place qualify for Champions League (or rather qualifiers for CL) and 3rd and 4th for Europa Conference qualifiers. Scotland does go in for Europa League? [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Saw some discussion of Kuol staying on at Hearts next season and the possibility of playing next season. Wikipedia says 1st and 2nd place qualify for Champions League (or rather qualifiers for CL) and 3rd and 4th for Europa Conference qualifiers. Scotland does go in for Europa League? [emoji38]

Scottish Cup Winner = Europa League final qualifying round (and drop into Europa Conference group stages if this game is lost)

However, if the Scottish Cup Winner is Celtic or Rangers then 3rd place gets the Europa League slot and 4th/5th get Europa conference qualifying rounds.

Edited by EdinburghKuol