Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

2 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Look forward to watching Kuol score for you against Chelsea next year then.

Sounds far fetched, but we were about to beat FC Zurich to get into the Europa League groups and would've been drawn with Arsenal and PSV.

However one of our players got sent off for diving early in the 2nd half and we ended up going out and dropping into the europa conference with Fiorentina, Istanbul and a Latvian mob.

(probably for the best - Hearts V Arsenal...:bob:)

Edited by EdinburghKuol

3 minutes ago, EdinburghKuol said:

We were close to loaning Elliot Anderson in the summer but Eddie Howe really fancied him. Do you think Anderson will be loaned out next summer?

Nah, I think he had two opportunities to go on loan again: summer 2022 and  Jan 2023. Think he’ll be with us from now on 

Really good insight, @EdinburghKuol. I always assume Scottish football is rubbish but it's based on very little.

Do you ever go into a season thinking "maybe this'll be the one," or is there just an acceptance Celtic/Rangers will win the league and or hope for another cup win?

Great goal like :thup: Love the shamelessly partisan commentary as well, who's that with the What A Beauty at the end? :lol:

If Sunderland had scored that they would have been convinced that the eyes of the world were upon them and they were just about ready for PSG :)

Edited by OpenC

23 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Great goal like :thup: Love the shamelessly partisan commentary as well, who's that with the What A Beauty at the end? :lol:

If Sunderland had scored that they would have been convinced that the eyes of the world were upon them and they were just about ready for PSG :)

Ah yeah, that's HeartsTV there. The commentators do their level best to sound neutral but fail miserably at it every time a goal goes in.

Anyway, from the rest of the game, I'd say Kuol's fast, and somehow manages to come out of a lot of messy looking scrambles with the ball still at his feet. Forced a few errors chasing the ball down. Raw, but a lot of potential there for sure.

12 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Do you ever go into a season thinking "maybe this'll be the one," or is there just an acceptance Celtic/Rangers will win the league and or hope for another cup win?

Celtic and Rangers have massively bigger budgets; but if we can stick around in European group stages for a few years, we might have a shout at making things a little more interesting.

22 hours ago, EdinburghKuol said:

If that is humour then please pass my sympathies onto your family, my man.

No one in Scotland views Geordies as Little Englanders - a lot of love for you guys up here. Newcastle feels like a home from home. 

Our national team is good btw (unless you are comparing us to England which wouldn't be a fair comparison). We just need a proper goal-getter (I was hoping Ross Stewart could kick on but yeah...I'm sure you guys aren't too gutted about his current situation!)

I think you guys have been linked with McTominay and Tierney in the last month or so? Can't be so bad. :)

I love Scotland man. I would rather head north than south any day of the week. But seriously, don't find offence when none is meant. Some of my family still don't talk to me because I casually mentioned Scotland is mostly made up of little villages. That was meant to be a compliment but somehow got translated into an insult.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I love Scotland man. I would rather head north than south any day of the week. But seriously, don't find offence when none is meant. Some of my family still don't talk to me because I casually mentioned Scotland is mostly made up of little villages. That was meant to be a compliment but somehow got translated into an insult.

My friend, no offence from myself either, but I really don't think this is the reason you are estranged from your family. 

At least you have a resurgent Magpies to look forward to.

If it helps, there are a couple of awkward political and economic historical reasons why the majority of Scotland looks as if people have been cleared off the land at the beginning of industrialisation resulting in villages not evolving into small towns and cities like one would expect.

I wish Newcastle and the Geordies could join us, sharing their great cultural and creative prowess that has long gone underappreciated down south. Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle would become the Holy Trinity of Northern Europe. People across the globe would come far and wide to see our civilisation (they might even visit Dundee :kinnear: ). 

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns  :occasion14:

Edited by EdinburghKuol

20 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Really good insight, @EdinburghKuol. I always assume Scottish football is rubbish but it's based on very little.

I meant to reply to this, Yorkie. 

As a Hearts fan (or Aberdeen, or Hibs) you go into almost every season thinking this'll be the one. What is now known as "doing a Leicester". Unfortunately Celtic have a really talented manager so we are waiting for him to move on. Was the same story with Brendan Rogers. You really want at least one of the OF to be going through a 'transition' phase and hoping you have the season of your lives. We were a couple of games away in 1997/98, we were top of the league for a long time in 05/06 (eventually splitting the OF for first time in years - before Rangers admin) and we were top at christmas a few years back for a bit. Hearts have gone through their own struggles - almost dying and being relegated twice. This is the first time in 30 years where we are on a sustainable financial footing, with lots of revenue and consecutive european group stage football available.

If there was ever a time for a footballer to be joining Heart of Midlothian Football Club it is now. Snodgrass and our director of football Joe Savage have both made noises about consolidating 3rd and looking in front of us rather than behind us. Like Newcastle, the holy grail is the league and we believe one day it will come. But we just don't know when. As always we are all at the mercy of the machinations of global finance right now. Though we look like we will be in a great position if the sands start to shift. 

Edited by EdinburghKuol

3 hours ago, EdinburghKuol said:

I meant to reply to this, Yorkie. 

As a Hearts fan (or Aberdeen, or Hibs) you go into almost every season thinking this'll be the one. What is now known as "doing a Leicester". Unfortunately Celtic have a really talented manager so we are waiting for him to move on. Was the same story with Brendan Rogers. You really want at least one of the OF to be going through a 'transition' phase and hoping you have the season of your lives. We were a couple of games away in 1997/98, we were top of the league for a long time in 05/06 (eventually splitting the OF for first time in years - before Rangers admin) and we were top at christmas a few years back for a bit. Hearts have gone through their own struggles - almost dying and being relegated twice. This is the first time in 30 years where we are on a sustainable financial footing, with lots of revenue and consecutive european group stage football available.

If there was ever a time for a footballer to be joining Heart of Midlothian Football Club it is now. Snodgrass and our director of football Joe Savage have both made noises about consolidating 3rd and looking in front of us rather than behind us. Like Newcastle, the holy grail is the league and we believe one day it will come. But we just don't know when. As always we are all at the mercy of the machinations of global finance right now. Though we look like we will be in a great position if the sands start to shift. 

How does Kuol compare to Jamie Mole? :lol:

Mole was a geordie lad who I knew a bit at school. Remember bizarrely watching him lead the line against AEK Athens in the CL qualifier after yous came second - only for him to end up have a brief spell at Blyth Spartans before packing it in.

7 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

How does Kuol compare to Jamie Mole? :lol:

Mole was a geordie lad who I knew a bit at school. Remember bizarrely watching him lead the line against AEK Athens in the CL qualifier after yous came second - only for him to end up have a brief spell at Blyth Spartans before packing it in.

That is still talked about up here. 

Our chairman started picking the team and dropped Mauricio Pinilla for youngster Jamie Mole on the eve of the game. It was a wild time.