Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Viduka was my favourite out of him, Martins and Owen at the end of that season. Disgusting memories 

Loved when we signed him. It was around that time I used to be regularly miffed seeing shite like Bolton, Middlesbrough and Portsmouth making the exact sort of signings I'd have liked us to make.

3 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

(Moved this here from Rumours thread). 
73B6F1BE-C559-4692-B6F2-5BE5CCA390CB.thumb.jpeg.edfcff499c6fe319b344212802bb0397.jpeg

Style of play:

– advanced striker

– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations.

– capable of playing in several offensive positions, either in the centre as a striker, as a supporting forward, or as a winger

– direct and powerful player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions

– electric pace and incredible burst of acceleration

– killer instinct and great off the ball movement in and around the final third

– clinical finisher capable on both feet

– possesses powerful mid-range and long-range shooting skills

– in addition to his goalscoring ability, he is also a team-player who’s capable of creating chances and assisting goals for his teammates. 

– above-average decision-making, composure, and flair in the penalty area

– very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure

– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls

– able to dribble and make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed

– good dribbler who’s also prolific when attacking from deep/wing

– able to make spectacular and effective solo runs to beat the defensive line

– excellent body balance and changes of pace

– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his ability to shield the ball, strength, and close control

– strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable, and very confident of his skills

– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his electric pace and acceleration

– aggressive and hard-working in pressing/when out of possession

– all-action and energetic

– operates very comfortably with his left weaker foot.

Sounds like our very own new Aaron Spear

2 hours ago, Ameritoon said:

Took a while, but we've finally found our Curtis Good replacement.

Tenuous link but reminds me of that influx of youth where we really thought there was going to be a dedication to developing academy products. Hilarious outcome from that looking back. I was so sure Fabio Zamblera would be a superstar based on name alone.

5 minutes ago, wormy said:

Tenuous link but reminds me of that influx of youth where we really thought there was going to be a dedication to developing academy products. Hilarious outcome from that looking back. I was so sure Fabio Zamblera would be a superstar based on name alone.

Haha 

NGO Baheng , Aaron Spear, Soderberg, Ranger,Toney (ok we fucked this up), Good, Kadar, Abeid, Vukic

Ohh how we have changed, mopping up talent from around the globe, can't remember his name, but under Ashley we signed some 19/20 year old striker from some random nom-league team, to some mocked fan-fare, for him to as expected end up at Margate a couple years later :lol:

53 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Haha 

NGO Baheng , Aaron Spear, Soderberg, Ranger,Toney (ok we fucked this up), Good, Kadar, Abeid, Vukic

Had we not been run like a pub team a couple of those lads might have made it. Probably a few wasted careers in there.

Obviously Toney got out in time to save himself.

8 minutes ago, LeeB said:

Had we not been run like a pub team a couple of those lads might have made it. Probably a few wasted careers in there.

Obviously Toney got out in time to save himself.

Absolutely scandalous how long Vuckic hung around.