Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

9 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Every cloud… guess your location is the silver lining!  

Yeah, it's pretty fucking good here.

Mind you, I love England, not least for the football culture. Been there many times.

Our own football culture is complex - but football struggles for media airtime against other codes. We have produced a few decent players though and I have no hesitation in saying Garang Kuol will be the biggest thing since Harry Kewell. Gonna be an awesome player.

1 minute ago, Coastie said:

Yeah, it's pretty fucking good here.

Mind you, I love England, not least for the football culture. Been there many times.

Our own football culture is complex - but football struggles for media airtime against other codes. We have produced a few decent players though and I have no hesitation in saying Garang Kuol will be the biggest thing since Harry Kewell. Gonna be an awesome player.

Sounds an exciting prospect. Might turn out to be incredibly slow though — if he goes to another team. 

2 hours ago, Raconteur said:

Me too - which makes me wonder how I was about the only Toon fan I knew growing up!

I was northern rivers of NSW, never met another Newcastle fan until I started playing in Brissy, but we had a few Sunderland fans and I could never understand why

11 hours ago, Raconteur said:

Me too - which makes me wonder how I was about the only Toon fan I knew growing up!

I wore my Toon shirt to training all the time, but I guess you'd only know that if you played for Avoca.

Any news on this transfer?

Apparently his brother/agent is in a bit of trouble. Hope that's not complicating matters.

Gone weirdly quiet. A week ago it was reported that Newcastle had triggered his buy out clause and agreed personal terms.

Nothing since then and no official word from either club. Are they allowed to make announcements like that outside of the windows?

I wonder if the deal was half done, but then he got picked in the Oz NT and his agent decided to cool it all down in the hope he'd go to the World Cup and start a bidding frenzy?

Had a terrific 20 minutes. Great run down the right which set up a great chance and ended with a penalty. Made a couple of other great runs. Every time he got the ball the crowd rose to their feet. You'd say he's certainly going to the world cup as a game breaker on that performance.