Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

Reading on here it seems assumed he’s going straight out on loan. Is that 100% confirmed necessary for a work permit? Wouldn’t be surprised if he fills RF’s squad place if off to Southampton as reports suggest.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Reading on here it seems assumed he’s going straight out on loan. Is that 100% confirmed necessary for a work permit? Wouldn’t be surprised if he fills RF’s squad place if off to Southampton as reports suggest.

The Athletic pretty much just confirmed the plan is to send him out on loan 

link: https://theathletic.com/3974548/2022/12/06/newcastle-garang-kuol-transfer/?source=user_shared_article

Edited by Jack27

From Waugh in The Athletic today:

Another complicating factor for Newcastle is Kuol’s eligibility to play in England. Footballers joining from overseas must obtain a visa to play in the UK and, although appearing at the World Cup should help Kuol’s cause, the post-Brexit process remains largely untested.

Kuol is unlikely to automatically receive a Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) from the FA, but Newcastle are hopeful that his appearances in Qatar — when he became the first teenager since Pele, in 1958, to appear in the knockout stages of the World Cup — will mean he receives a work permit.

Regardless, Kuol is highly unlikely to feature regularly for Eddie Howe’s first team this season, which is why a loan is deemed essential.

There have already been several enquiries about Kuol from clubs in England and across Europe, with a temporary move to the Continent appearing most likely. Portugal and Germany are potential destinations, although a final decision has yet to be made.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

From Waugh in The Athletic today:

Another complicating factor for Newcastle is Kuol’s eligibility to play in England. Footballers joining from overseas must obtain a visa to play in the UK and, although appearing at the World Cup should help Kuol’s cause, the post-Brexit process remains largely untested.

Kuol is unlikely to automatically receive a Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) from the FA, but Newcastle are hopeful that his appearances in Qatar — when he became the first teenager since Pele, in 1958, to appear in the knockout stages of the World Cup — will mean he receives a work permit.

Regardless, Kuol is highly unlikely to feature regularly for Eddie Howe’s first team this season, which is why a loan is deemed essential.

There have already been several enquiries about Kuol from clubs in England and across Europe, with a temporary move to the Continent appearing most likely. Portugal and Germany are potential destinations, although a final decision has yet to be made.

If we can't get a work permit how would any other teams in England.

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

The idea is if he gets a work permit he can be loaned out in England but if not to the continent he goes. It would be nice if he could play in England right from the start.

6 minutes ago, Slim said:

Is it something to do with would he benefit and improve the club? Like if he was in our squad it'd be a tough argument but if he signed for say a Championship or SPL club, he would.

21 minutes ago, McDog said:

The idea is if he gets a work permit he can be loaned out in England but if not to the continent he goes. It would be nice if he could play in England right from the start.

That's how I read it too. Even if he gets a work permit, he would be loaned out anyway.

On 06/12/2022 at 13:40, TotalWar said:

Speaking as someone who has had his surname mispronounced all his life, I would definitely recommend asking him how its pronounced. Dont ask a random Aussie, dont ask someone from his town, dont ask a friend of his etc. Ask him, and then listen to what he says

I'll give him a bell, sound advice mate.:thup:

I do think it was a mistake by the Aussie manager to not give him minutes in the other two games.

just a couple of minutes in both games could have given Kuol immediate access to training in the PL which would have improved him to Australia’s benefit

10 minutes ago, James said:

I do think it was a mistake by the Aussie manager to not give him minutes in the other two games.

just a couple of minutes in both games could have given Kuol immediate access to training in the PL which would have improved him to Australia’s benefit

Unless there were any attitude issues (which I seriously doubt), I agree.

14 hours ago, 80 said:

Unless there were any attitude issues (which I seriously doubt), I agree.

Australia were holding onto 1-0 leads and defending for their lives in both those games, It’s not the time to bring on a raw, x-factor attacking player who has only played minimal professional games in his young career. I would have loved to have seen more of him though. 

9 minutes ago, 80 said:

Yeah, it's a fair enough call. I would've just been trying to wiggle it so that he came on for the bare minimum of remaining time e.g. 30 secs.

I don't think that in the middle of a World Cup campaign, the manager of the Australian national team gives 2 shits about our work permit issues.

And quite rightly.