Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

22 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Clearly Shola’s research didn’t stretch to the manager being a clueless cunt.

Shola should be out the door after this debacle.

Maybe his pal Lee Charnley will give him a job down Forest. 

The lad is just a kid and learning his trade in a tough league.

Throwing him into the deep end won't generally benefit him but having him ease into games based on his ability to play in them that the manager believes suit him better will potentially aid in his progress rather than hinder.

I know some fans get a bit over excited when a player like him comes on the scene with the tag of " wonder kid" and immediately it's a case of " why isn't Howe putting him in the squad."

And as it stands now some fans questioning why he isn't starting for Hearts based on this "wonder kid" tag, as if Hearts are a no mark team but the reality is, although they've lost a good few off the belt they're still 4th in the Scottish premier league.

I'd rather the kid blends in over time rather than end up being thrown in the lions den and end up being swallowed up and spat out as bare bones.

Edited by magvicar

36 minutes ago, magvicar said:

The lad is just a kid and learning his trade in a tough league.

Throwing him into the deep end won't generally benefit him but having him ease into games based on his ability to play in them that the manager believes suit him better will potentially aid in his progress rather than hinder.

I know some fans get a bit over excited when a player like him comes on the scene with the tag of " wonder kid" and immediately it's a case of " why isn't Howe putting him in the squad."

And as it stands now some fans questioning why he isn't starting for Hearts based on this "wonder kid" tag, as if Hearts are a no mark team but the reality is, although they've lost a good few off the belt they're still 4th in the Scottish premier league.

I'd rather the kid blends in over time rather than end up being thrown in the lions den and end up being swallowed up and spat out as bare bones.

That would suggest 10-15 minutes at the end of games. That isn't happening.

1 hour ago, OverThere said:

That would suggest 10-15 minutes at the end of games. That isn't happening.

Aye, it's maybe not entirely ideal the way it is but it's a case of both parties likely wanting something to happen. Eddie for a bit more game time and the Hearts manager daring to risk Kuol in games he thinks he can.

Not wholly ideal but sometimes you get situations like this.

24 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

He'll not be back at hearts after loan spell terminates, appears to me they wasted his time there and wonder if hearts wanted him simply to prevent other teams getting him on loan at the time

[emoji38] yeah I'm sure that was Hearts thought process in all of this 

Throughout the season we got told to chill on how this loan was going, but we're almost at the end of it and I think we can all agree it's been shite. I'm sure blame can go in all directions. 

Hopefully someone higher up than Shola takes the reigns for next season's loan choice with Kuol. Can't let our future prospects waste opportunities. A few more shit loans and he's 22 without having played any first team football, much like a lot of our youth players. 

35 minutes ago, TRC said:

What on earth happened to Hearts? They were comfortably third, now they just lose every single game.

Exactly with the tried and tested players and he still cannot get on, its an absolute joke to not get a single minute in about five losses on the trott. Thick buggers I'd of played him a lot more if I was manager there. Pace and youth and a bit of mystique to him. No we'll play davey smith instead 😂

Is he not showing enough in training to merit any starts or is something screwy happening up at hearts?

Either way it's been a disappointing loan arrangement and set the lad back in his development. Got to imagine some games with the reserves would've been more beneficial than sitting on the bench at hearts.

So weird, a young attacker with bags of pace and held his own in the World Cup. Bring him on 15 minutes towards the end of the game. Why wouldn't you try that for 4 or 5 games?! 

Absolutely shocking loan move though. Complete waste of time and slowed his development. 

23 minutes ago, Shak said:

Maybe he's shite? :lol:

He might not be up to the level in Scotland, aye. 

but then that reflects poorly on Shola and maybe hearts. It’s not his job the pick the appropriate quality of team. 

send him to Wrexham. 

It has been a dreadful loan unfortunately. You would have thought both Kuol and the club had been given strong assurances over game-time, considering the level of interest in him in January.

Whatever the case, I’d imagine Hearts have truly burnt their bridges with us when it comes to loaning prospects in the future.

Edited by TheInfiniteOdyssey