Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

25 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

I think Hearts not giving him minutes is a missed opportunity for them. They could have built a good relationship with us and could have got more talent on loan in the future. Don’t think that will happen now.

100%. We'll be getting lots of talent coming through the doors over the next few years and Hearts will be bottom of the list after this. 

3 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

I think Hearts not giving him minutes is a missed opportunity for them. They could have built a good relationship with us and could have got more talent on loan in the future. Don’t think that will happen now.

Hearts perfect time to give this young lad a run was when they were dropping points. Said to my mate at the time when Shankland was injured they should have had him in and given him mins. I'm a Celtic fan (Newcastle also) but when Hearts signed him I felt like it was a waste for the lad there was so much hype up here around Shankland and Hearts seen that and wanted to keep him in a position where they could move him on in the summer.

Since Naismith has taken over hearts are fucked, players falling out with the club left right and centre. Kuol deserves a chance elsewhere, at a club where Newcastle wouldn't hesitate send future propects/talents on loan too.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I remain utterly hornswoggled by the way Hearts have misused Kuol. The guy's a full international in a team rated 27th in the world, who just came officially 11th at the World Cup. Xavi called him an exceptional talent after watching him run Barca ragged, and the whole of Argentina held its collective breath when he controlled that ball at the far post in the last minute of normal time. (I've spoken to a few Argentinians since - educated lot who knew all about him before the game.) How many other of Hearts' front third players could march in this company?

Something went seriously wrong up there. I daresay Neilson was under so much pressure he simply didn't want to trust an 18 yo with saving his job. Big mistake, as GK has exactly the sort of pace and guile that might have pulled something out of the fire for him.

I read on the Jambos forum that many of them think he needs bulking up to deal with the cloggers in the SPL. I think this would be a mistake as it's his body in its current shape that gives him his edge. He's as tough as fuck also so it's not as though he's scared off by challenges. You can never be too fit but, otherwise, let him develop naturally.

They could have probably sent him to the Dutch league or wherever and got more games (no guarantees), but he'd be back at square one in the summer when he's coming to the UK for the first time. It's not the experience he'll have wanted but he'll have still learned a shitload. 

I can't see why we wouldn't just get him out of there. It doesn't seem as though Hearts would have any complaints.

Edited by 80

Maybe there’s no recall option in the contract.

Correct course of action is to bring him back if possible, blacklist Hearts, and get a new experienced loan manager.

Why would he be on the bench? [emoji38]

Goes entirely against everything we have learned from Howe so far.

The miley brothers should get on the bench before him.

The lad only started his first game in professional football mid-December in a league so utterly shite its hard to describe adequately - seriously, the standard here is poor; I spent the other night 'braving' late Autumn conditions to see Western Wanderers getting beat by Sydney FC in the local derby (canny atmosphere, bit of argy bargy - but not the highest standard of football).  I'm still lost as to what exactly was expected; he couldn't get a start in a poor league in his native country, yet somehow there is an expectation he can get a game at a higher level?  He made an excellent cameo in a pre-season friendly vs Barcelona, and came off the bench a couple of times for a mediocre side at the WC.  Make no mistake about it; the SPL is a big step up from the A League.  And the PL is a massive step up from that.

The lad should have either trained with NUFC or went on loan at a much, much lower level than he finds himself.  I feel desperately sorry for him, he's been let down by our loan team - I refuse to blame Hearts, who may not have realised how raw the lad is until he rocked up to training, for anything other than for not doing their homework.  They're under no obligation to play someone who isn't ready.  NUFC should be hesitant re sending players out there again, though.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

31 minutes ago, STM said:

We couldn't play him anyway, same reason we couldn't play Anderson at the end of last season when he came back from Bristol.

10 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

We couldn't play him anyway, same reason we couldn't play Anderson at the end of last season when he came back from Bristol.

If possible I would get him back here just to get his career back on track. Hearts and/or us have clearly made severe errors in assessing his needs and abilities.

45 minutes ago, STM said:

I don't think anyone has asked for him to be on our bench

But if he isn't going to make their bench then he may as well spend that time training with us and then we can loan him out to someone else for next season 

I'm not having this why should hearts play him malarkey like. He's been loaned to them to be developed and get game time whether that be full matches or five minutes. He's getting none he cant be that bad man, he has pace and natural finishing which in turn should be a nice option to have. But they'd rather use a clogger. 

26 minutes ago, andycap said:

I'm not having this why should hearts play him malarkey like. He's been loaned to them to be developed and get game time whether that be full matches or five minutes. He's getting none he cant be that bad man, he has pace and natural finishing which in turn should be a nice option to have. But they'd rather use a clogger. 

It's a two way thing though. He was getting a few starts and more sub apps to begin with. If they've then watched him, seen him train and don't think he's ready, why should they flog a dead horse?