Newcastle United 1-1 Bournemouth (17/08/2022)

jack j

The labelling as pathetic on here is what’s pathetic. Bournemouth have turned up to defend and frustrate today and been well drilled, we did the same last season and nicked plenty of points doing it, it’s hard to break down.

according to bbc we have 72% possession with 19 shots and we have key injuries with Bruno not 100%

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

We are turning back into that mid table team that plays up to top 6 teams and is inconsistent as fuck against everyone else. 

On the upside that's an improvement to where we were. Just not nearly enough.

I think lack of Wilson, Shelvey and ASM means too many of our players on the pitch who just don't have what it takes to unlock a team like this in this type of game. Forest was same story until we hit a wonder goal. 

Just now, KaKa said:

Not if the guy can't stay fit though. He's become a pain in the backside as well when it comes to fitness.

Think we need someone to challenge him on that left side. If he's always going to have niggles he can sit on the bench with Wilson tbh.

Sick of the crocks as well.

Agree - after watching this performance it's really shone a light on how ASM is our biggest problem. Get rid and let Murphy try and make that spot his own. 

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

The labelling as pathetic on here is what’s pathetic. Bournemouth have turned up to defend and frustrate today and been well drilled, we did the same last season and nicked plenty of points doing it, it’s hard to break down.

according to bbc we have 72% possession with 19 shots and we have key injuries with Bruno not 100%

Watching it has been pathetic. If I read the stats instead I'd probably think the game was better?

Just now, Gawalls said:

Come on, let's not have any of this level headedness in the match thread please.

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

19 shots, 1 goal from a pen. I would say that is fucking terrible, like.

Almiron and Willock starting games is killing us right now IMO.

As frustrating as Longstaff and Murphy can be, I have infinitely more faith in either of those two doing something that leads to a goal than Almiron or Willock ever will.

Really growing to despise the pair of them.