Newcastle United 1-1 Bournemouth (17/08/2022)

jack j

2 hours ago, Mag_in_NZ said:

well back in NZ and thx to any and all who I may have bumped in to

Young lad was so hyped he couldn't stop shaking for the first 20 minutes and it brought a tear to my eye to see him so passionate at the game

Not the result or performance any of us would have wanted but at least he know knows the "ups & downs" of following the best fucking football team in the world

Back soon or even before that if we can :headbang:

Good on you, man 👍

• 4 months later...
On 17/09/2022 at 17:03, Andy said:

Now that was poor. Can't believe how flat and lethargic we were, looked like we just expected to just turn up and beat them by default. No intensity whatsoever. 

Willock's end product is absolutely horrendous, every bit as poor as Almiron, Murphy etc. 

On 17/09/2022 at 17:06, Ronaldo said:

Booing is too much but spending over £200m on improvements to literally look like a Championship outfit is baffling. The Almirons, Joelintons, Frasers etc just can't be relied upon in any context to produce when we need them to. And that's before you even look at the embarrassing dross that came off the bench.

On 17/09/2022 at 17:20, The College Dropout said:

A lot of us called this in the summer. Need a CM.  Need a wide attacker. At some point games we were winning 1-0 would turn into draws and it’s happened from the off. 

Real test of Howe’s skills here. 

On 17/09/2022 at 17:24, et tu brute said:

The amount of time I've shook my head when people try and stick up for him. The bloke is a non entity of a footballer and Grealish was 100% correct in what he said (even though it was unprofessional)

This is some if the reactions from the Bournemouth game. I'm not digging these posters out because some of the points were perfectly valid, we were as flat as fuck that day.

It's more to point out we've been here before this season. At this moment we were 11th, had drawn 5 of our opening  7 and looked to be struggling in front of goal.

Since then we've defied all expectation, we're fourth and in a cup final. The injuries to attacking players as well as our limited squad means that we'll continue to blow hot and cold in front of goal.

There will always more we can do in every transfer window, if we continue to look back at them

as a missed opportunities, we'll drive ourselves insane, particularly when we're currently outperforming all expectation. It's only a matter of time before we're competing on a yearly basis.

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

This is some if the reactions from the Bournemouth game. I'm not digging these posters out because some of the points were perfectly valid, we were as flat as fuck that day.

It's more to point out we've been here before this season. At this moment we were 11th, had drawn 5 of our opening  7 and looked to be struggling in front of goal.

Since then we've defied all expectation, we're fourth and in a cup final. The injuries to attacking players as well as our limited squad means that we'll continue to blow hot and cold in front of goal.

There will always more we can do in every transfer window, if we continue to look back at them

as a missed opportunities, we'll drive ourselves insane, particularly when we're currently outperforming all expectation. It's only a matter of time before we're competing on a yearly basis.

A lot of the points in those posts are valid. I have the same opinion now.