Fulham vs. Newcastle United - 1/10/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Been to see them at Arsenal away with my brother who is a fulham season ticket holder. Think they look reasonably solid at the back for a newly promoted team. Mitro has been a menace at the start of the season. Attacking wise, it is all built round Mitrovic and I don't think they have many other players to be feared. We should be looking to stop crosses coming in and if we can manage mitrovic then have a chance of getting a result. Their general play at home is attacking and positive and they have started very well. Think it will take a lot of effort and a good team performance to get 1 point, let alone all 3. However thats what we should be aiming for and hopefully 1 or 2 players back from injury will help us here.   

I wouldn't say we need to win it, but it goes without saying that we need to turn draws into win sooner rather than later.

Fulham have had a very good start to the season and will be a handful, but I think their direct, front foot style will play into our counter press.

If ASM and/or Wilson are back and Bruno is match fit we'll win this, narrowly though, really rate these.

And going down for this with my dad, rail strike permitting. His first away game since the Marseille semi final in 2004. Hopefully a better result, assuming we can get down there. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Menace said:

Fulham away is a cracking day out tbf

One of my favourite away days. Been 8 or 9 times a reckon. Probably more than anywhere else actually

Edited by jack j

Thank fuck we are playing a side that we can not only dominate the ball against but who will also attack us and allow us to exploit their spaces.

Also International football can get in the fucking bin. We shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks for this.

Just now, STM said:

Also International football can get in the fucking bin. We shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks for this.

An extra week to get more recovery and fitness for our key players works well for us hopefully

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

An extra week to get more recovery and fitness for our key players works well for us hopefully

Let's hope you are right.

I want to see Wilson and Isak on the pitch.

Edited by STM

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Don’t need sensible logic, just need international football to fuck off. I came back on board with the England team when we had Bruce but I’m back to resenting international football again now (it gets a reprieve during the World Cup and Euros)

56 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

They’ll attack us and it’ll work in our favour as we will hit them on the break, 1-3.

Yeah I think away games suit us a bit better, players like ASM or even Fraser will have more space to attack. Isak will also be a much bigger threat.