Fulham vs. Newcastle United - 1/10/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye, 0-4 and 0-2. Highlights in the OP. Plus since Fulham have started bouncing between PL and Championship they've only managed 1 goal against us which Matt Ritchie scored for them. :lol:

Read this and was racking my brains for a time when Matt Ritchie had a stint at Fulham. :mung:

19 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Other way round. We were singing it about Mitro way before Will Grigg was a thing.

I heard it was ‘Freeman’s on fire’ first, which seems reasonable given the lyrics. Mitro definitely came before Grigg though - some Wigan fan made a video as he was leading them to the Championship and then the Euros were round the corner, so the NI fans then adopted it. 

3 hours ago, Johnny said:

Our sixth draw of the season, I'm afraid. Fulham will park the bus, and will try to score with counter break. We will have hard time to break them down even with ASM starting.

They didn’t park the bus against Liverpool at home, can’t see them doing it against us.

7 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

I heard it was ‘Freeman’s on fire’ first, which seems reasonable given the lyrics. Mitro definitely came before Grigg though - some Wigan fan made a video as he was leading them to the Championship and then the Euros were round the corner, so the NI fans then adopted it. 

Yeah, Stevenage fans around 2012 apparently.

I rate Fulham, at very least, as the best of the promoted sides. Can’t help thinking their style of play will suit us better than the others though, particularly at their place. Don’t think we have the creative flair (out wide mainly, particularly on the right) to break teams down and create genuine ‘harder to miss’ type opportunities. Far too reliant on Maxi when fit.

Even when we absolutely dominated Forest we only scored twice. Three quarters of the possession and twenty shots against Bournemouth and no goal from open play. Fulham will have more of the ball and really take us on. Can see us getting a couple of breakaway goals/nailed on opportunities. If we can restrain our once loved mad bastard, really fancy a victory myself.  

If we have Maxi and Wilson back then I think we might get something out of this.

Nice to see a maxi, wilson, isak front three. Will need our fullbacks to up their game a notch and get some decent overlapping going.

Botman into the defence and stick with the tried and tested middle three (joex2 + bruno)

Who gives a fuck, man :lol:

I think we'll lose this if we play anything like we did on Saturday. They will come at us and Mitrovic will be like a rabid dog on speed, just hope Howe gets it right this time with his selection at the back. I'd go Burn over Botman to deal with his added 'roughness', which makes his lack of selection against Bournemouth even more baffling to me.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

21 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Who gives a fuck, man :lol:

I think we'll lose this if we play anything like we did on Saturday. They will come at us and Mitrovic will be like a rabid dog on speed, just hope Howe gets it right this time with his selection at the back. I'd go Burn over Botman to deal with his added 'roughness', which makes his lack of selection against Bournemouth even more baffling to me.

Botman hasn't lost an aerial duel in the league for us. Burn wins 2 in 3, Schar 1 in 2. Could see Burn and Botman here.

My worry with Burn for this one though is he gets involved in niggly things particularly at set-pieces.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I just hate momentum being broken up in the season and I’m sure it makes for worse games after the breaks. Feels like this season has barely even begun and it’ll still likely feel that way after the World Cup because of how broken up it’s been

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I just hate momentum being broken up in the season and I’m sure it makes for worse games after the breaks. Feels like this season has barely even begun and it’ll still likely feel that way after the World Cup because of how broken up it’s been

It's probably a good thing to get out of this rut of draws for us.

Pity it's away to Fulham as it feels like we always draw against them. (may or may not be factually correct)

Just now, gjohnson said:

Pity it's away to Fulham as it feels like we always draw against them. (may or may not be factually correct)

Never drawn against them away in the league in the last 15 matches.

Different story at SJP though.

45 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Never drawn there this century. somewhere around 9 losses and 5 wins.