Fulham 1-4 Newcastle United (01/10/2022)

Disco

2 hours ago, Andy said:

We were long overdue a game where everything went in our favour, to be honest. 

Enjoy it - they’ll be having emergency meetings tonight to see what happened.

Edited by Gawalls

54 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

Wouldn't get too carried away with todays result,they lost both regular fullbacks before game,Palahina out of their midfield,the guy who came in for him sent off in 7 minutes,Mitro was only 50/50 before game and limped off.

Yes good win,but it was all in our favour,so not getting carried away.

I know what you’re saying but we weren’t at full strength either 

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

It’s so odd how some people just can’t enjoy anything. Even Mikey from the Life cereal commercials finally enjoyed something. And that kid was a total

cunt.

Many people not enjoying it? 

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

It’s so odd how some people just can’t enjoy anything. Even Mikey from the Life cereal commercials finally enjoyed something. And that kid was a total

cunt.

I have to admit even though we won I’m also a little gutted Everton won and that’ll ruin my evening a little - bastards!!

58 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

Wouldn't get too carried away with todays result,they lost both regular fullbacks before game,Palahina out of their midfield,the guy who came in for him sent off in 7 minutes,Mitro was only 50/50 before game and limped off.

Yes good win,but it was all in our favour,so not getting carried away.

How many players were we missing again and not fully match fit...works both ways. Wouldn't say worked in our way with that red..it was a horrendous tackle.

Should enjoy the win and performance, doesn't mean we think we will be top 4

What we lack (apart from a winger, obviously) is a N'Golo Kanté type of player. 

Both Bruno and Willock plays better when they play in more attacking positions. 

Edited by maze

yes but I think all teams lack a one of the greatest midfielders of an era in their team. Chelsea's decline of late can be matched with Kante's and he knitted together a squad that on paper looks madly disparate. 

I agree though on a defensive mid (and despite me being one of his vociferous critics Shelvey was upping his game end of last season and staying deep and doing the defensive hard yards, with all his fitness work hoped he would keep that up) but I definitely think we should prioritize a technical defensive mid rather than a destroyer. All our injuries we need to be able to slow down games and control them more. 

48 minutes ago, LV said:

I know what you’re saying but we weren’t at full strength either 

Exactly far from it. We’ve not had any luck this season when it comes to decisions and injuries, it’s about time it went out way 

Some people I really wonder why they bother with football when even a 4-1 win has to be qualified in some way, with some sort of negative :lol:

Always some future thing that has to be brought in - "yes but maybe"

If your head is always in the future you'll never enjoy the present :cool:

Edited by Chicane

45 minutes into the drive back, what a day. Me fatha's first away since Marseille in 2004 and first away win in the flesh. :lol:

Controlled that from start to finish, very similar to Brentford and Norwich away last season. Looked like we were going to get 6 or 7 before Howe made the changes, understandably so mind. Just all round played really well. Almirón, Bruno, Trippier, Willock and Botman stood out for me. Really good performances and it's great to have Wilson back, we always have 10x a cutting edge when he starts and it's exciting thinking about that side with added Isak, ASM and beg jow.

Onto Brentford.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

45 minutes into the drive back, what a day. Me fatha's first away since Marseille in 2004 and first away win in the flesh. :lol:

Controlled that from start to finish, very similar to Brentford and Norwich away last season. Looked like we were going to get 6 or 7 before Howe made the changes, understandably so mind. Just all round played really well. Almirón, Bruno, Trippier, Willock and Botman stood out for me. Really good performances and it's great to have Wilson back, we always have 10x a cutting edge when he starts and it's exciting thinking about that side with added Isak, ASM and beg jow.

Onto Brentford.

No better feeling than coming back from a class away day with a big result. 

Great performance. We were on top even before the sending off. Gutted Almirons hattrick was ruled out. We were just at it today, firing on all cylinders. Miggy and Murphy were so direct and Miggy had end product today. Trippier was immense so too Botman. Feels great to win again! 

27 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Onto Brentford.

How was the away end in general? Good noise? I was stuck watching it on mute