Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 8/10/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

What on earth is the commentator shouting when Gayle makes it 3? [emoji38]

"Shelvey from a tight angle plays it across and its a third?" :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Absolutely fucking buzzing for this. First time back to SJP for six years, against the same opponents. Bringing my wee lad down for his first match. Going to enjoy it whatever the result!

As ASM was a ‘late call’ for today, and Howe isn’t too worried about Isaks injury along with Joelinton being on the bench, could we actually see our first choice 11 next week? I hope so

23 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Should be looking to get 9 points from these home games if we have any aspirations of top 8. 7 a bare minimum. 

9 from the next 5 seems a reasonable target. 

Would love to maintain our unbeaten home form and winning all three would make anything against ManU and Spurs a bonus. We've no reason to fear either TBH, a couple of well-earned draws would complement our 9 home points very nicely.

I think we’ll be well up for Brentford, the crowd and players after the flatness of Bournemouth. If we can get ASM back in the squad, even on the bench we’ll be getting back to close to our strongest team. I’d imagine Joelinton will start. Maybe even Isak makes it back. 👍

Edited by ExiledGeordie

I like his keep a winning side stuff but... that doesn't include Murphy right? [emoji38]

I think Howe has stumbled upon his first choice defence with Burn at left back.

My guess is that we play the same side but ASM for Murphy?