Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 16/10/22 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

29 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Love a FM tactic and hope this is how we line up in attack at Man Utd[emoji38]

Screenshot 2022-10-09 at 19-55-53 Newcastle (3-1-5-1) - ShareMyTactics.com.png

I was thinking Antony is a source of danger, and playing only Burn on the left would really expose us. Burn is slow as a left back and Antony will have a lot of free spaces there. Maybe Targett should play instead? 

Has to be this: 

Pope

Trippier    Schar     Botman     Targett 

Bruno

Joelinton 

Willock

Miggy                                          ASM 

Wilson

Howe might play Lascelles with Burn/Botman.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be reluctant to drop Bruno deep after his display against Fulham and Brentford.

He played a number 6 in both games. We just dominated the ball so much that he was playing in the opposition half.

1 hour ago, Solitude20 said:

I was thinking Antony is a source of danger, and playing only Burn on the left would really expose us. Burn is slow as a left back and Antony will have a lot of free spaces there. Maybe Targett should play instead? 

Aye I think we'll see Targett back. Antony and Martial will be big threats down the sides. Be much more confident of Targett being able to keep them quiet than Burn.

7 hours ago, LFEE said:

Man Utd are a very good team still even if not as intimidating as in the past and this game will be a great barometer for where we are at. Just hope we turn up and give them a game. Might help us slightly it’s a Sunday 2pm KO at OT.

Think that's where I am. 5 wins out of 6 now so they're clearly in form. If they have an off day and we keep our recent performances up we can beat them. If they play well, they're favourites. As long as we show up which I see no reason why we wouldn't going from the last 10 months then we can't ask for much more.

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

McTominay banned. Seems a regular these days. Who replaces him?

He was on borrowed time until Casemiro got up to match speed. 

It'll be Eriksen Casemiro and Bruno. 

Should be Sancho, Rashford, Antony up top but since Ronaldo scored he's almost certainly going to start which I think is a mistake. 

29 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Think ASM might start in place of Murphy. Joelinton in for Longstaff, for sure.

I can see us playing a bit more on the counter like we did against City and Liverpool and they need to be starting, if so. 

Problem with dropping Longstaff is it means Bruno plays that position. I think we are better off with him further forward. Two games in 3 days probably gives us license to rotate a few anyway 

7 hours ago, STM said:

I'm not having this Man Utd side. They just aren't very good. We can't be going to Old Trafford thinking we are playing Man Utd circa 2003, we are going there playing Spurs circa 2003.

Don't let the size and reputation of the club convince you otherwise. They are very beatable, provided the refs don't give them everything.

I agree. They have turned things around and are picking up results, so fair play, but they don't look any better than us. These are the same tried and tested failures under previous managers. It's like Liverpool and arsenal, even though these were out of our league last year, now they look well beatable, with all respect to the leage leaders, and absolutely none to the scouse cunts.