Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 16/10/22 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

I'd feel more confident if Isak was playing but also we shouldn't fear anyone really. We're organised enough to get a good result against any team, but my prediction will be a 2-1 result that goes either way, it's going to be a really interesting match.

As said, I'd go with Joelinton for longstaff and Targett for Burn

Have a feeling that we still have a few more years of playing brilliantly in these sort of games but being unlucky/robbed and losing to sickeners like at Anfield. Just a vibe. Seem to remember City had a few years of that before they established their total dominance against inferior but historically ‘bigger’ clubs. Might be completely wrong. 

12 hours ago, DMLeazesender said:

Win, lose or draw the confidence and anticipation going into any game this season is fucking brilliant.

It's a hard one to call as both teams are capable of scoring but I fancy us to get a result.

Aye. They should beat us but just going into this on touch and competing for league places in a head-to-head with them is great.

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Their budget, squad depth, they're at home, they should be beating everyone outside of the rest of the big 6 at home.

Counter that with the fact we have been at least their equal since January and our recent performances against Liverpool and Man City.

Man Utd are a very good team still even if not as intimidating as in the past and this game will be a great barometer for where we are at. Just hope we turn up and give them a game. Might help us slightly it’s a Sunday 2pm KO at OT.

You get the feeling that if we can pull off 3 points on Sunday at Old Trafford that there will be another massive massive bit of momentum to this train that could really define this season. 

1 hour ago, astraguy said:

Doubt any team in the league worry's about playing man utd now tbh

If I was a top 6 team -- City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, I'd be more worried about going to SJP than Old Trafford.

I'm not having this Man Utd side. They just aren't very good. We can't be going to Old Trafford thinking we are playing Man Utd circa 2003, we are going there playing Spurs circa 2003.

Don't let the size and reputation of the club convince you otherwise. They are very beatable, provided the refs don't give them everything.