Manchester United 0-0 Newcastle United (16/10/2022)

Disco

Just now, Andy said:

Poor second half, lost our way after a really decent first half performance. No idea how Longstaff was still on the pitch at the end of the game, was incredibly poor on the ball and clearly knackered after 70 minutes. 

Hopefully, that means the plan isn't to start him on Weds. 

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

99% agreed but Fraser ahead of Anderson when Anderson’s been so close to scoring and has some lovely touches in his very little time.

Fully get it, but if he throws on a 19 year old lad who hasn't had that much Premier League Football, in front of a (struggling) Dan Burn who's on a yellow, at Old Trafford, he gets slaughtered if we concede.

Frazer will run all day and offers some threat on the counter with pace.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Or we’ve risen? we’ve now had 2 good away from home results against Brighton and Man U, both who are up there then smashed Fulham at their ground, gave Liverpool a bloody good run and a shirt pull away from a win at wolves.

Bit of both. We're on the rise, they are on the drop.

Shows the transition exactly. Very well organised, effort is there, just not got the forwards yet to match that and capitalise on it.

Not fussed Bruno was quiet, its a different game to home games were players like him can run it, just want him to be part of the effort in these games.

Would have taken 0-0 all day after the triple sub. They become so much stronger than us because of our lack of quality on the bench.

Thought the back 4 was solid, Botman my top pick today. We just need more quality in forward positions to pick teams apart a bit more efficiently. Murphy wasn't too bad but Fraser looks finished this season, a winger slower than most centrebacks. Desperate for some pace to come off the bench at times this year. Even a middling pacy player to come in January to do that sometimes would be nice.

A draw was by far the fair outcome, think both teams should have had a pen, we had the Joelinton chances, and they the Rashford one at the end, bar that it was a very scrappy game with both teams lacking any real fluidity and cutting edge in the final third, the pattern of the game was just them holding onto the ball without being able to break down our defensive shape, as we where solid as a rock, and then when we broke, us being indecisive and not picking the correct pass. Both teams seemed to just nullify each other.

We more then deserved a point at Old Trafford, and that is something I never thought i'd say, and shows how far we've come in such a short space of time, and we take it, and we go smash Franky de Tory on Wednesday.

Judging by the starting XI and the subs made today I wouldn't be surprised to see Anderson get a good amount of time against Everton. Howe is going to have to rotate a little in these next 2 games to keep up the intensity. Everton at home is a much better chance for Anderson than Old Trafford would ever be.

Edited by Mazzy

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I don't think Joelinton is fit. Had some very heavy strapping on & movement seemed very laboured.

He went missing when Manure took control in the second half.Almiron looked like he didn’t want to know offensively.We’re quite close to having 12/13 players good enough for us to finish 7th or 8th this season.

Fair result. They lacked quality when it mattered and we were also really sloppy with the ball when we had chances to hurt them. Really missed ASM and Isak today to help stretch the game. 

Trippier, Schar and Botman all class. I thought Casimero, Varane and Fred (bar that miss, which was probably offside earlier on, anyway) were all good for them. 

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

A draw by the skin of your fucking teeth. :lol:

Well played lads. 

So do you honestly think you deserved to win that game?  Or were you even the better team?  I posted to you BEFORE kick off and said you would get a draw due to a very dubious referee decision.  Get another look at the Wilson non penalty in the first half.