UK Politics: Generation Chaos

BlueStar

4 hours ago, TheHoob said:

I love people like this crook been caught out, I hope someone puts a selection of his videos out showing his barefaced lies. 

10 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Basically just desperately trying to survive until the next election, then make a call about whether I can mentally deal with staying here. 

I think an assumption us younger generations are making, wrongly for what it's worth, is that when Labour comes in, there will be that general positive, tidy up the mess attitude, '97 basically. But I'm coming round more to the idea there's too much turmoil at every angle, and we're going to have another disgruntled 1970s style of ineffective government from both sides of the divide. Essentially confirmed by a timid Labour party that can't even hold on to its own unforced commitments (abolish the house of lords anyone?). This country is in the pan for at least another ten or 15 years. 

6 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

I think an assumption us younger generations are making, wrongly for what it's worth, is that when Labour comes in, there will be that general positive, tidy up the mess attitude, '97 basically. But I'm coming round more to the idea there's too much turmoil at every angle, and we're going to have another disgruntled 1970s style of ineffective government from both side of the divide. Essentially confirmed by a timid Labour party that can't even hold on to its own unforced commitments (abolish the house of lords anyone?). This country is in the pan for at least another ten or 15 years. 

Yeah, I do agree, just at least (hopefully) we won't have so much outright self-defeating and evil stuff coming out so regularly. 

Oh yeh, we need to get away from that, they'll just adopt their own less evil version of it though. Just a really dispiriting country led by charlatans and liars all over the spectrum.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Basically just desperately trying to survive until the next election, then make a call about whether I can mentally deal with staying here. 

Not in sarcy way, but what is your alternative?

2 minutes ago, Beren said:

Not in sarcy way, but what is your alternative?

Good question, it’s not easy to say. Obviously I’ve lost the freedom to work and live in the EU, and other counties have similar problems to us. 

Possibly a cabin in the woods is the way to go, but probably too scared to actually sell everything and do it. 

On 24/01/2023 at 10:03, Disco said:

Tough one for all the Tory loving Ukraine flag ultras on Twitter. 

Rumblings of the pension age going up being brought forward too which is a huge shock to the lobotomised.

The reason this was allowed to happen is quite simple, prior to the Ukraine full-scale invasion, all the establishment wanted to cooperate with Russia and get them on our side before they cosy up to China. Tony Blair (and his ilk) was writing glowing articles about Putin and Russian military tactics right up to late 2021. Obviously we're having to rewrite history now though and pretend we've never been pro-Russian and done any of these things.

9 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

What's Vorderman to do with this - is she now an investigative reporter?

She is the opposite of Rachel Riley, she's a proper lefty and her tweets are professional and well researched 

Canny knockers anarl.

Edited by Ben

4 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

What's Vorderman to do with this - is she now an investigative reporter?

Is she anything do with any of it, or is she just tweeting off the back of others doing the work?

Does he mean mass redundancies and shutting down of industry? What the fuck is he on about. The red wall voters that voted these shitbags in need to carry that shame with them for the rest of their lives 

Wasn't the whole point of Thatcherism to manage the decline of heavy industry in the North, and deregulate 'the city/London' to make them rich? :lol:

Edited by Klaus