UK Politics: Generation Chaos

BlueStar

Willing to bet that this Mone scandal is just the first of many of this type of corruption to leak out. The money that was dished out to any old fucker in summer 2020 seemed ridiculous at the time and it needs a full criminal investigation about the allocation and sheer value of the contracts. We're talking maybe a billion quid maybe? That seems like small beer to the black hole that Truss and Kwarteng opened but when people are on the bones of their arses and these cunts are skimming off the top it looks horrific. 

Then again - 'Corbyn'. So that balances out

28 minutes ago, midds said:

Willing to bet that this Mone scandal is just the first of many of this type of corruption to leak out. The money that was dished out to any old fucker in summer 2020 seemed ridiculous at the time and it needs a full criminal investigation about the allocation and sheer value of the contracts. We're talking maybe a billion quid maybe? That seems like small beer to the black hole that Truss and Kwarteng opened but when people are on the bones of their arses and these cunts are skimming off the top it looks horrific. 

Then again - 'Corbyn'. So that balances out

There will be a few from that VIP fast tracking system they had. Imagine being the sort of person that during a pandemic with thousands of people dying, your first thought is "Here's a chance to make millions at the expense of the public". Reprehensible and hopefully ending in prison.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

There will be a few from that VIP fast tracking system they had. Imagine being the sort of person that during a pandemic with thousands of people dying, your first thought is "Here's a chance to make millions at the expense of the public". Reprehensible and hopefully ending in prison.

Disaster capitalism has been the mantra since the 2008 crash tbh. They are just more brazen and arrogant about it nowadays.

Just now, Klaus said:

Disaster capitalism has been the mantra since the 2008 crash tbh. They are just more brazen and arrogant about it nowadays.

It went on during both World Wars as well.

44 minutes ago, madras said:

It genuinely feels like there’s no chance of something like that happening in the U.K. Even the Yanks go after white collar criminals occasionally. 

If the Elizabeth Homes situation was in Britain. I almost feel like she’d get a big fine at most. Rotten little country. 

Currently enjoying a series of lectures on medieval British history. Seems like nowt changes. 
richard the lion heart gets nabbed by some Germans as a result of being stupid. The Germans demand a 150k mark ransom. Astronomical amount of gelt in those days. So they tax the poor to pay for it. The details change but a millennium later, poor people continue to pay for the fuckups of rich people. 

Edited by Mahoneys Tache
Shit spelling

44 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Currently enjoying a series of lectures on medieval British history. Seems like nowt changes. 
richard the lion heart gets nabbed by some Germans as a result of being stupid. The Germans demand a 150k mark ransom. Astronomical amount of gelt in those days. So they tax the poor to pay for it. The details change but a millennium later, poor people continue to pay for the fuckups of rich people. 

Of course, Coeur de Lion was French, but owned the English state.

A bit like EDF today, only they’re limited to utilities. 

47 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Rich the Lionheart has a hell of a reputation here despite the fact he spent about 7 months here total and by all accounts hated the place. :lol:

Less than a year on his home soil while creating mayhem in the holy and rampaging around france to keep ahold of his holdings there. 

On 23/11/2022 at 23:53, Disco said:

:anguish:

This should be their equivalent of the "no money left" note.

Honestly, from now to the next election he shouldn't be able to go anywhere without having "thank goodness for the bonds crash eh, Rishi" heckled at him.

We'll all be encouraged to forget it and move on of course, but can you fucking imagine the noise if a labour politician said something like that, even in jest?

Matt Hancock managing to partially rehabilitate his imagine via a popular reality TV show, after playing his part in pilfering milion from the public purse and inaction that resulted in the death of thousands, nicely sums up where the UK is at the moment.

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Matt Hancock managing to partially rehabilitate his imagine via a popular reality TV show, after playing his part in pilfering milion from the public purse and inaction that resulted in the death of thousands, nicely sums up where the UK is at the moment.

The hilarious thing is, people are basing their liking for him on the fact that he's "mucking in and not shirking" on the jungle show.

British priorities and logic wiring dictates that you can be a thief, a liar, a charlatan and a cheat and be in part responsible for the deaths of thousands... but if you stick your hands in some fish guts without complaining too much and help the bird off Loose Women empty the dunny & do a few dishes you'll be bathing in "Eeeh he's an alright bloke I think ya know" comments on Facebook.

Not that I want to defend Matt Hancock, but (and please correct me) I at least recall that of the government at the time he at least acknowledged the pandemic was happening and prioritised public health measures. 

It's a very low bar of course. But had Johnson/Sunak had their way there'd have been no lockdown or other mitigations. And when Javid came in he was all I don't believe in viruses. 

Don't get me wrong. Hancock was shit. But I least got the impression he was trying to do his role - he acted as if his job was health secretary. 

I feel dirty. And I haven't even re-watched the video. But urgh I've just thought of it. Scrap everything I've said. 

Sunak, to be fair, has since been vindicated in his resistance to the scale of the restrictions. Clearly were disproportionate and people have died and lost livelihoods because of them - which conveniently gets forgotten. 

17 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Sunak, to be fair, has since been vindicated in his resistance to the scale of the restrictions. Clearly were disproportionate and people have died and lost livelihoods because of them - which conveniently gets forgotten. 

Vindicated? Really ? Last I read was that had we locked down earlier many lives would've been saved and even Jermey Hunt called it the the largest public health failure in the UKs history. Loads still to come out yet as well.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Vindicated? Really ? Last I read was that had we locked down earlier many lives would've been saved and even Jermey Hunt called it the the largest public health failure in the UKs history. Loads still to come out yet as well.

Lock down late, come out early, eat out to help out second wave. repeat.