Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 23/10/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Five wins out of five games at home for them so far, but the highest placed team they've faced is Fulham. Their games against the top half have all been away, where their record is 1-1-2. The win was 1-0 at Brighton, and the defeats were both by two goals. The draw was with Tuchel's Chelsea.

So we're their first hard home game, a new test for them.

Another big test of our credentials for being a legitimate side this year. Which I think we are. I'd be well happy with a draw, but think we could win, which I think almost every match now. How fucking mad.

31 minutes ago, GWN said:

Can't see us winning this. 

Think Eddie will go into the game to stifle them. Fancy a few changes here .Some need a rest .

I think Fraser and Willock at least. Possibly Targett and even Wood if he wants to protect Wilson a bit while we've got no Isak.

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Honestly, you lot were MILES better than this crowd. We utterly dominated them everywhere across the pitch, and they massively struggled with our high press. 0-1.

I fancied us to get something at yours because I knew you'd attack and we're geared up for that. Spurs just seem a horrible team to play. They're not attacking but their forwards are lethal. If we had one of Isak and ASM I might have thought differently.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

They have been poor this season mind, especially against the teams around them , Arsenal beat them comfortably and it sounds like Man United did last night . Chelsea were comfortably the better team against them as well. We will cause them problems.

Was at both the home and away fixtures for this last year :anguish:

Preferred the home one since it was Ashley's first game gone but not much else inspiring that day

Sadly I think it will be defeat again but a more respectable one. Can see us not having Isak and St. Maximan affecting us here.

2-0

1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

Free hit for me. Not saying we can't get a result here but as long as we beat Villa next weekend, I'm totally satisfied.

Id expect a reaction from them after that piss poor performance last night at Old Trafford. They can be quality when they turn it on but we’re tough as old boots and with Almiron in such good form you never know. If the game is 0-0 well into the game and we’re frustrating them the crowd will get on their backs.

Can see it being a 1-1 or a 1-0 either way

They’ve won ten in a row at home so it's going to be tough to say the least. I think we'll match them 3-4-3 and try to hit them on the counter, but fatigue is setting in and their front three have a lot of quality: 2-1 defeat.

Edited by The Prophet

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Another game where I would snatch your hand off for a point.

Which Spurs turns up? The shit one or the good one?

Think that depends more on how the opposition sets up its so than Spurs themselves tbh

I'd imagine Howe will make 2-3 changes.  Big Joe sadly looks crocked and the energy levels did drop a bit last night.  Maybe Willock, Fraser and possibly one more to come in?

Plenty of Spurs supporters around these parts.  Most seem to think they have been winning games, without playing that well most of the season.  I only saw bits and pieces of their game last night, but they looked awful and the highlights were all Man U.  They would have lost 5-0 if not for Lloris and also if Rashford managed to hit a corner and not straight at Lloris.  They got carved open regularly, by the looks of it.  

I still have PTSD from going to the game there last season, mind.  Started so well, looked solid and took the lead.  Then completely fell apart and once they had space on the counter, we were fucked.  You'd expect a response at home from them after last night's shit show. 

8 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I'd imagine Howe will make 2-3 changes.  Big Joe sadly looks crocked and the energy levels did drop a bit last night.  Maybe Willock, Fraser and possibly one more to come in?

Plenty of Spurs supporters around these parts.  Most seem to think they have been winning games, without playing that well most of the season.  I only saw bits and pieces of their game last night, but they looked awful and the highlights were all Man U.  They would have lost 5-0 if not for Lloris and also if Rashford managed to hit a corner and not straight at Lloris.  They got carved open regularly, by the looks of it.  

I still have PTSD from going to the game there last season, mind.  Started so well, looked solid and took the lead.  Then completely fell apart and once they had space on the counter, we were fucked.  You'd expect a response at home from them after last night's shit show. 

Joelinton will be fine according to Howe, still expect changes mind.