Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 23/10/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

9 minutes ago, Decky said:

I wonder why Targett has lost his starting spot. I always thought he was solid like. 

Seems like Howe likes to play with Burn tucking in to a back 3 in possession allowing Tripper to bomb on, Targett doesn't fit into that.

Not sure Howe is the biggest Targett fan in the world, but the ability to switch to a back 3 when Trips gets forward seems a pretty fundamental part of our system at the moment. Particularly whole Maxi is out on the other side.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

Seems like Howe likes to play with Burn tucking in to a back 3 in possession allowing Tripper to bomb on, Targett doesn't fit into that.

Howe said burn came in when targett was poorly and we’ve been winning ever since so burn has earned the spot. Good competition. Targett will get plenty of games. 

3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Don't do clear red card tackles on him then :lol:

Our team is a bit ropey today.

Did he ever get punished for one of those neckbreaker tackles? He seemed to get away with it for half a season then I dunno if someone had a word or if it finally got called a foul?

(I'm not trying to be uber critical, Kane is clearly great striker but always seems to do something mental against us and get away with it...)

Edited by Tiresias