Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 23/10/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Who are the ropey ones in your view?

Having Sanchez and Royal on the same side trying to pass to one another is just suicide. Will be interesting to see if Skipp, Bentancur and Bissouma works in the middle, but Bentancur without Hojbjerg often just doesn't work. I like Lenglet a lot, but we're yet to see how he does against a good pressing PL team. Missing Kulu and Richarlison has been significant.

23 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No Romero for them 

Still think we'll be extremely lucky to get anything at all here but him being out is probably better for us than if any other of their players was out instead.

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Still think we'll be extremely lucky to get anything at all here but him being out is probably better for us than if any other of their players was out instead.

The bigger issue is with the replacements on the bench. There's plenty of cover for Romero, but the only attacking players on the bench are Lucas Moura (limited) and Bryan Gil (total Charlie-out-of-the-back-of-the-van wildcard). Oh, Perisic I guess. Would love to have someone like Maddison around.

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Their fans seem to despise Emerson Royal, is he shit, Leffe?

I mean, yes and no :lol:. He's not a very naturally talented footballer but he's a great athlete, and has tried to make the most of his talents (and probably succeeded). Everyone loves him off the pitch (like a mascot), most people appreciate that he tries, but time after time he makes the wrong decisions on the pitch. Mostly when the right decision was painfully obvious. He's considered a very good defender for the most part, just everyone (including him) shits themselves if he has the ball. And the whole point of a Conte full-back is that they're supposed to be good on the ball going forward.

He has defenders. He's basically Sissoko.

Just now, Geogaddi said:

Take out Son and Kane and it’s a mid table team.

:lol: And here it is!

I mean, you've already taken out Perisic, Romero, Doherty, Hojbjerg, Richarlison and Kulusevski. Yes, you're right. Take out most of the best players in our team and we're mid-table. I applaud your insight.

Excuse my derision, it's fair to say this has been said thousands of times over the last few years. It's mildly amusing.