Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Pata said:

I honestly don't understand how Cancelo was sent off, rules are stupid. He slides in and gets nowhere near the ball and it's only a yellow. Only saw one replay but was it even a foul?

I'd love football to bring in sin-bins for fouls that aren't dangerous. Opposition get a pen you're down to 10 men for 5-10 mins. 

2 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Last man right?

Double jeopardy, no pen and red both if you try to play the ball. But because Cancelo went body-to-body he gets a red. Honestly doesn’t make any sense.

Getting awfully close at the bottom of the PL. Everton currently in 13th position on 14 points, Leicester bottom on 11 pts, with West Ham, Wolves, Villa, Leeds, Southampton and Forest inbetween. Could be anyone going down this year (but not us!).

Just now, Pata said:

Double jeopardy, no pen and red both if you try to play the ball. But because Cancelo went body-to-body he gets a red. Honestly doesn’t make any sense.

Makes perfect sense to me. Cancelo doesn't try to play the ball, he just tries to take the player out to stop him scoring, so he gets the red card. Seems a really straightforward call for me, though I admit I've only seen it once.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

So hypothetically, if Man City drop points, and we beat Southampton, who do we want to win between Chelsea and Arsenal tomorrow? :shifty:

Jokes aside the title is probably beyond us but 4th definitely isn't. If we win and Chelsea lose, we're six points clear of them and at least eight points clear of Liverpool - with Blues at SJP next weekend. That's a massive advantage going into the break. 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Billing only deals in bangers, don’t he? Just seen his goal.

I love players who seem to deal only in screamers. Tugay, Hitzelsperger, Pedro Mendes and Gamst Pedersen were great at this

Just now, Manxst said:

Getting awfully close at the bottom of the PL. Everton currently in 13th position on 14 points, Leicester bottom on 11 pts, with West Ham, Wolves, Villa, Leeds, Southampton and Forest inbetween. Could be anyone going down this year (but not us!).

Impossible to call down there, from memory never known it like this before.  Does feel like a very good job Villa sacked Gerrard at this point, cos they seem about the most lifeless

1 minute ago, healthyaddiction said:

Makes perfect sense to me. Cancelo doesn't try to play the ball, he just tries to take the player out to stop him scoring, so he gets the red card. Seems a really straightforward call for me, though I admit I've only seen it once.

But if he took the attacker out with a sliding tackle it would only be a yellow.