Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Watched the full Klopp interview.  No mention at all about the Brentford performance.  All about how the game suited the opposition because of the "set pieces".  Whereby the Brentford players consistently fouled at every corner.  The third Brentford goal according to Klopp was a blatant foul.

He constantly hopped from foot to foot and was rambling incoherently sometimes.  A bitter, bitter man who cries after every set back.

Klopp post match we could have scored loads of goals. Brentford use the rules very well on set pieces and are very physical. 

He hated there second goal, and the third goal should have not been a goal, Priceless.:mackems: 

Edited by prefabtoon

44 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Quality result -the murderers beaten, even after two disallowed goals against them.

Really like Brentford. Really likable club. Can't see how anyone couldn't really like them TBH.

As much as I don't like Liverpool - the 'murderers' comment is the craic of a cunt. Absolutely no need.

Bellend.

Aye no need for the murderers craic, it’s akin to the mackems calling us murderers, camel humpers, terrorists and whatever. I don’t now like LFC as a club and a lot of their fans are intolerable, but mainly it’s the none Scouse/Liverpool base of their fans. Heyzel was a disaster, but not all down to LFC fans, the stadium wasn’t fit for purpose, both sets of fans were having a go at each other and the policing was shocking too.

Fair play to Frank, that is fantastic job. They have no business being 7th with that squad.:clap:

(Shame about the gum as i cant f**** stand the way he chews it mouth open constantly. Like seriously, i think i can hear it through the tv. It makes my brain boil. Please just stop.)

My mate is a Brentford fan and apparently their chairman has made his money from some high roller/invite only betting stats site or something. 

They have used the model to identify players who are undervalued and perform well above their playing club/level/reputation. Think their sister club is a Danish team which is why they have a lot of Danes and have good control over that region. 

Quite impressive and it's how they've worked their way up through the leagues. 

Edited by Scotty66

10 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

My mate is a Brentford fan and apparently their chairman has made his money from some high roller/invite only betting stats site or something. 

They have used the model to identify players who are undervalued and perform well above their playing club/level/reputation. Think their sister club is a Danish team which is why they have a lot of Danes and have good control over that region. 

Basically the Moneyball route. 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Klopp definitely seems to have stepped over the same line Mourinho did, where he went from care-free, charismatic and funny to an insufferable, irritable whingebag 

Nailed it. 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Klopp definitely seems to have stepped over the same line Mourinho did, where he went from care-free, charismatic and funny to an insufferable, irritable whingebag 

They couldn't handle the success and adulation they got. Started feeling entitled to it. It's embarrassing.

I have the same attitude to Klopp and Steve Bruce, whenever they start talking i press the mute button or change the channel, just tiresome personalities. In contrast to a Lampard for example whose face I quite enjoy after a loss. :D

2 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Yeah there's a documentary on it, it's the moneyball method basically 

By using this system, it allowed Brentford to purchase a number of undervalued players like Said Benrahma, Ollie Watkins and Neil Maupay for a combined $8 million.

All three players have had extreme success in England’s top two flights of play, particularly Watkins, who now stars at Aston Villa. The club was able to sell the trio for a profit nearly 13 times their original investment for over $100 million.

I think Darwin Nunez is proving to be a mistake. He's strong and fast but not particularly technical. A good player all right, but Liverpool were looking for someone in the very top bracket. I don't think things are going to get much better either.

20 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I think Darwin Nunez is proving to be a mistake. He's strong and fast but not particularly technical. A good player all right, but Liverpool were looking for someone in the very top bracket. I don't think things are going to get much better either.

Agreed. I think they thought they were getting a Haaland level player. Glad it's not working out for them. 

Honestly this is a problem with ludicrous sums being thrown around for players. These vastly inflated fees ballooned by agents caring little for their players actual careers means a good player who could be crafted into something special moves for such a high fee not getting an immediate return of a load of goals becomes a disaster. These huge sums makes these players huge investments and I just think this will keep happening and some common sense needs to kick in. Financial fair play was supposed to stop this crap and instead all it does it make it more difficult to compete for other clubs. 

He may just need time, he's clearly doing a lot well.

Edited by Tiresias