Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

If anyone has a spare 5 mins and wants a top laugh, listen to this silly cunt.

Mo Salah and KDB were not from their academy - someone has clearly lied to him [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

FTX logo in the background. :lol: 

I barely got through 2mins to know he's talking bollocks. "Shared Team Vision" is why your on the pitch product look like a cast of individuals and not a cohesive unit. Get fucked, Todd. 

But wait it gets better, he wants a "North v South" Premier League All Star game that could rake in £200m and then be shared between all clubs in the League :spit:

It does seem quite surreal seeing Fulham right up there in table, and certainly there on merit, and obviously they will come in further should they beat us on Sunday, but at the moment, they are still massive outsiders for the top 6, and Chelsea still the clear main threat from an odds perspective:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-6-finish

So while I'd have probably preferred a draw in the short term, longer term, this was probably the best outcome.

6 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

But wait it gets better, he wants a "North v South" Premier League All Star game that could rake in £200m and then be shared between all clubs in the League :spit:

Not that he's trying to understand the fabric of football in England, but the cunt is treating a club as a product and player acquisition as features while tossing out meaningless competitions that have the sole purpose of revenue generation. This asshole is a bigger threat to English Football traditionalism than PIF ever will be. He's worse than Roman Abramovich, which is some feat. So, thanks Chelsea and I hope you keep this lovely downward trajectory going for the foreseeable future.

Edited by The Bonk

There is no bigger, clearer signifier that an American doesn't understand football than when they start talking about all-star north v south games.

That shows an absolute failure to understand even the basics of the football culture in this country, it's so, so out of tune with the game.

6 minutes ago, brummie said:

There is no bigger, clearer signifier that an American doesn't understand football than when they start talking about all-star north v south games.

That shows an absolute failure to understand even the basics of the football culture in this country, it's so, so out of tune with the game.

Would the winners be crowned world champions?

40 minutes ago, brummie said:

Added to that the complete blind ignorance that they think the idea will be carried through 

I didn’t pay too much attention to him at Brighton, but Potter is a bit overhyped surely? He finished below Bruce in 2021 and we had ASM and Wilson missing for quite a bit that year. 

Saying that, Chelsea is one of those clubs it just seems would be a bad move for a lot of managers, even though I can’t say why. Now the second best team in Fulham and third best in west London… [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

I didn’t pay too much attention to him at Brighton, but Potter is a bit overhyped surely? He finished below Bruce in 2021 and we had ASM and Wilson missing for quite a bit that year. 

Saying that, Chelsea is one of those clubs it just seems would be a bad move for a lot of managers, even though I can’t say why. Now the second best team in Fulham and third best in west London… [emoji38]

They mostly played really well I thought just lacked a striker to convert their chances. Although they did seem to go on weird losing streaks quite often. Seems like the losing streaks and lack of goals have carried on at Chelsea for him, as badly as they are ran he does seem to be doing a poor job there. Can't really see any signs of improvement or style of play he's trying to implement where you can think he just needs more time. 

Potter is a good manager, but might not be an elite one, or at least just not yet. However, I put very little stock in his performance for Chelsea so far. It's quite remarkable how he hasn't been able to implement his style of play at all at Chelsea yet. 

7 minutes ago, Stottie said:

One game in and Felix is already banging on the gate to the Chelsea graveyard of strikers.

For all the talk of Broja, Gallagher, and Pusilic, I wouldn't mind Ziyech myself.

What you basing that on? Ziyech has been largely terrible in his time at Chelsea 🙂

5 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Not that he's trying to understand the fabric of football in England, but the cunt is treating a club as a product and player acquisition as features while tossing out meaningless competitions that have the sole purpose of revenue generation. This asshole is a bigger threat to English Football traditionalism than PIF ever will be. He's worse than Roman Abramovich, which is some feat. So, thanks Chelsea and I hope you keep this lovely downward trajectory going for the foreseeable future.

I know that it’s four levels below but it’s crazy to see the contrast in approach and the understanding of football culture between Boehly and McElhenney/Reynolds.

I have no idea of Boehly’s approach to the Dodgers.  Does he even know about the culture of Baseball? He immediately strikes me as someone who doesn’t even like sport, just the money it can potentially make him.

Talking about “human capital”.  Fucking freak.

4 hours ago, Nobody said:

Potter is a good manager, but might not be an elite one, or at least just not yet. However, I put very little stock in his performance for Chelsea so far. It's quite remarkable how he hasn't been able to implement his style of play at all at Chelsea yet. 

Seems fairly clear that a lot of the players aren’t really playing for him plus he’s missing absolutely loads of key players. He’s toiling badly and it’s great to see as it’s all self inflicted.

Some job Marco Silva is doing too. Always quite liked him and his striking Portuguese looks. A fine man.

I think Potter could be a great manager at a club that has a long term vision, patient fans/media and a well organised backroom team that promote a cradle to first team mentally.

Not Chelsea for fucks sake !!! 

3 hours ago, Ben said:

I think Potter could be a great manager at a club that has a long term vision, patient fans/media and a well organised backroom team that promote a cradle to first team mentally.

Not Chelsea for fucks sake !!! 

Haha, sounds like Brighton.