Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Typical bbc talking about Everton and defending them “always going to be a really tough game for them today” - they’re at home to the bottom of the league so surely that’s the easiest game you’re gonna get in the division.

It’s empty-headed fluff. Saying words for the sake of saying words.

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Brighton all of a sudden coming up the table and getting close - playing really well week in week out.

Optimistic Nut is enjoying Man City losing just to keep the dream alive a bit and Liverpool losing.

Pessimistic Nut is looking nervously at teams like Brighton, Fulham and Brentford starting to stack up beneath us just in case we do have a dip in form.

Just now, Andy said:

Absolutely mint being able to just sit back and enjoy other clubs' misery for a change, without any worry about our own club lingering around to spoil it.

Basically. Imagine 18 months ago someone telling you we'd be on the look out for Liverpool/Tottenham results in the battle for top 4 rather than seeing if our relegation rivals have dropped points.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

How fucked will Everton be financially if they go down? How are they paying for the stadium?

Hope it gets difficult for them and they're sitting around midtable or worse in the Championship for a few years. Every Everton fan I've ever met has had a weird irrational hatred of Newcastle and I could never understand it. No sympathy for them at all. Wouldn't want to see them in administration or anything mental like that but a few years of midtable obscurity in the Championship will do nicely. 

Just now, Decky said:

Hope it gets difficult for them and they're sitting around midtable or worse in the Championship for a few years. Every Everton fan I've ever met has had a weird irrational hatred of Newcastle and I could never understand it. No sympathy for them at all. Wouldn't want to see them in administration or anything mental like that but a few years of midtable obscurity in the Championship will do nicely. 

Think they're probably fucked this season like, they're absolutely atrocious. You'd have to be on the level of someone like Carlo Ance....oh wait a minute

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Optimistic Nut is enjoying Man City losing just to keep the dream alive a bit and Liverpool losing.

Pessimistic Nut is looking nervously at teams like Brighton, Fulham and Brentford starting to stack up beneath us just in case we do have a dip in form.

I don't think Brentford and especially Fulham are a threat to our league position but Brighton are 100% legit. Still extremely well drilled but after de Acerbi came they have been scoring a lot too.