Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

16 minutes ago, IzzyIsak said:

Fulham aren't doing anything.

Absolute waste of a 2nd half. They did everything but put a cross in. Every time they got in a potion to do so, they passed backwards.

Edited by Stifler

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I used to think Neville and Carragher were decent but they both talk a hell of a lot of shit the more you listen. 

Carragher's generally decent in analysis I think. Tends to get Newcastle near enough right as well and has the humility to say fans of clubs will know better than him. Neville is getting really bad now though, he's coming across as less and less knowledgeable and with crazier and crazier views.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Carragher clearly pays a ton of attention to football and you get the impression he takes his role very seriously, wanting to make sure he’s not just an ex-player who mouths off without any substance. Sadly, that’s who Neville is now which he really wasn’t in his first few years on the scene. I imagine he’s just paying less attention to football outside of Man U

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Carragher clearly pays a ton of attention to football and you get the impression he takes his role very seriously, wanting to make sure he’s not just an ex-player who mouths off without any substance. Sadly, that’s who Neville is now which he really wasn’t in his first few years on the scene. I imagine he’s just paying less attention to football outside of Man U

Carragher is the one I enjoy listening to the most.

Tbf to Neville I still put him ahead of the rest.

Keane is funny, the rest I have no interest in listening to especially Richards.

That was fucking awful from Fulham in the second half.

Also, that game gave me some real covid era football vibes. Can't really explain why, guess the atmosphere was pretty pants, but wasn't just that. 

Just now, Nobody said:

That was fucking awful from Fulham in the second half.

Also, that game gave me some real covid era football vibes. Can't really explain why, guess the atmosphere was pretty pants, but wasn't just that. 

I'm sure now that sky have Fifa-style recordings they play through the commentary. Especially noticeable tonight given Fulham are only filling out three stands and the Spurs 'fans' seemed to be louder than the Fulham lot.

Mind you, that might have had much to do with Michael Cuntintyre in the crowd.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Shearer had what, 1-2 years at a good Blackburn side, then 3-4 at a good NUFC team under SBR. Kane has spent his Spurs career with a Spurs team either finishing in the top 4, or looking to get into it. Shearer had 2 lengthy injuries, and also played in the old division 1 before the Premier League came along.

Kane is nowhere near Shearer’s level.

:lol: Sorry Stiffy, was going to just let this pass me by, but…is your point that the Blackburn and Newcastle teams were just good, whereas the Spurs team was better because they were either finishing top 4 or challenging for the top four? And so Shearer’s is the greater achievement?

5 minutes ago, Flip said:

Interested in seeing how Danilo does for Nottingham. Had a very decent debut the other day and looked like a player we should’ve been in for. 

Thought both ourselves and Arsenal would have considered him this January, but it didn't transpire.