Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

I remember so much about our loss to Man U in the FA cup final in 99. Sat in the front room with loads of sweets, full kit on.

Felt so much less confident than I did for the Arsenal final the year before.

I reckon I'd be way nervier for this final. I was only 8/9 but at those two finals I didn't really think we had much chance, so there was nothing to lose in a way (I remember being much nervier for the semis). This time there's something to lose - ManU may be narrow favourites, but anyone would give us every chance - defeat would be harder to take. (So let's win it.)

10 minutes ago, IzzyIsak said:

Eh?

They would have got 12k tickets for the return leg at Old Trafford. If their excitement was owt like ours they’d have all been buzzing about it, only to get humped 3 nowt at home.

Edited by Danh1

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

They would have got 12k tickets for the return leg at Old Trafford. If their excitement was owt like ours they’d have all been buzzing about it, only to get humped 3 nowt at home.

Oh right, didn't realise you were on about Forest.

8 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

I remember so much about our loss to Man U in the FA cup final in 99. Sat in the front room with loads of sweets, full kit on.

Felt so much less confident than I did for the Arsenal final the year before.

8 hours ago, AJ9 said:

I remember it too. Absolute floods of tears. Crushing few years as a young Newcastle fan 🤣

Could be worse - 16-year-old me ended up on the as a big picture on the back page of the Journal on the Monday after the Arsenal final, face burnt luminous pink from the drenching sunshine.  Never expected anything but a defeat that day, but it still hurt like buggery - but there is no part of me that wishes we weren’t there. 

I’d encourage everyone to just enjoy it if we make it to the final - they’re the days you dream of as a kid; league titles are won on wet dark nights in Watford, cups are won at Wembley.  Nothing else like it.

9 hours ago, Froggy said:

I haven't a clue to be honest. :lol: horrific schedule of games. The league games are all games we should be winning as well. I'm not taking top 4 for granted at all and with all the cup games we could very easily burn out and slip in the league so I hope he manages it well.

Everyone is talking like us and yourselves have 4th sewn up which I find mental whenever Spurs are only 3 points behind and Liverpool can go within 7 if they win their game in hand. Liverpool also have Diaz, Jota and Firmino to return. 

I'd love to win silverware but I don't care if he rotates in cups and we lose as long as he goes full strength in the league. Getting back into the CL is by far the most important goal. 

I really think your team edges ours in terms of quality and experience. Especially in cup finals. But like you said, your schedule looks horrendous and I'd be shitting myself if I was a fan as that final week maybe glorious or disastrous. Ofcourse CL is your priority, its just that ETH has now said, he wants to end your trophy drought. That'd be a concern for player burn out if you want to keep the momentum going.

Are you guys heavily relying on Rashford at the moment? If he gets crocked, does it take a sting out of the team?

Edited by nufcjb

36 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Could be worse - 16-year-old me ended up on the as a big picture on the back page of the Journal on the Monday after the Arsenal final, face burnt luminous pink from the drenching sunshine.  Never expected anything but a defeat that day, but it still hurt like buggery - but there is no part of me that wishes we weren’t there. 

I’d encourage everyone to just enjoy it if we make it to the final - they’re the days you dream of as a kid; league titles are won on wet dark nights in Watford, cups are won at Wembley.  Nothing else like it.

Nice way to look at it! 😊

This one will be different, I hope, the Arsenal final and the Man u final in the late 90s we didn't even show up, we were poor both games and Shearer was really quiet. This time they won't find us a walk over, they'll struggle to score against us, like any side does these days, the big question is whether we can score against them. I have a feeling this one might be won on penalties, as if it won't be agonising enough :anguish:

20 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Are you guys heavily relying on Rashford at the moment? If he gets crocked, does it take a sting out of the team?

He's in great goalscoring form but he's still really wasteful. He gave the ball away a lot last night. Their goal that was ruled out was his fault as well. Better teams will punish his mistakes.

It's obviously a loss if he was to come out of the team, as his pace and directness cause teams problems, but I wouldn't be panicking if he was injured. Especially if Sancho is back soon.

I would argue we're far more reliant on Casemiro than Rashford.

Feels like the first night in ages that there's not a significant / relevant match on TV. The last couple of Thursday's had big Premier League matches - Fulham vs Chelsea and then Man City vs Tottenham.

Man City vs Arsenal on ITV tomorrow night in the FA Cup.

10 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Feels like the first night in ages that there's not a significant / relevant match on TV. The last couple of Thursday's had big Premier League matches - Fulham vs Chelsea and then Man City vs Tottenham.

Man City vs Arsenal on ITV tomorrow night in the FA Cup.

Real Madrid v Atletico in the copa del rey. Always fun watching Atletico 😎

Edited by jack j

26 minutes ago, jack j said:

Real Madrid v Atletico in the copa del rey. Always fun watching Atletico 😎

Fair enough, I was mainly just going off this - https://www.live-footballontv.com/

They have so many obscure channels on there now like Mola TV, and other dedicated club channels and competition channels (National League TV), but while there will of course be ways of seeing that match (I didn't realise it was on), it mustn't have any specific UK coverage.

I was mainly meaning on the likes of Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon, ITV/BBC etc.

Edited by Paullow

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Extra time in Madrid derby in Copa Del Rey. Missed Real's equaliser

Ridiculous goal by Rodrygo. Probably one of the best goals in 2023 this far.