Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, SUPERTOON said:
1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Clearly settled in since then, like. Gonna need big help from Willock and Joelinton a la Saka.

Not sure he has tbh, most Man Utd fans don’t rate him at all

I'll just refer you to the similarly-heighted but massively inferior Adam Armstrong who made a complete mug out of Burn last week. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Clearly settled in since then, like. Gonna need big help from Willock and Joelinton a la Saka.

Froggy reckons he's been shite since joining. He was dreadful last week against Arsenal

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I'll just refer you to the similarly-heighted but massively inferior Adam Armstrong who made a complete mug out of Burn last week. :lol: 

Don’t recall that and I was there. When?

11 minutes ago, Flip said:

Haven’t watched tonight, but he’s been subpar for the past month at least.

Much better tonight, against Championship opposition. 

Still a long way go though. He's been very poor for the majority of his time at the club. 

Assuming it's us and you in the final there's a small chance it could be Sancho and not Antony against Burn as well. Sancho apparently very close to returning and could play next week.

Edited by Froggy

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Much better tonight, against Championship opposition. 

Still a long way go though. He's been very poor for the majority of his time at the club. 

Assuming it's us and you in the final there's a small chance it could be Sancho and not Antony against Burn as 

well. Sancho apparently very close to returning and could play next week. 

Has Sancho been any better than Antony during his time there?

Just now, LFEE said:

Has Sancho been any better than Antony during his time there?

Miles better. :lol: inconsistent as well though. Sancho has actually had good games and good spells whereas Antony has only really had good moments. 

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Lost him? It went in off Burns knee via Armstrongs arm 🙂

Burn should never have given his man a sniff of that ball in; he got away with one imo. 

Point is, as much as I rate him, Burn's always gonna be vulnerable to nippy direct wingers. If Antony hasn't been up to much all told then I'll accept that, my initial post was based on tonight's game. 

Was hoping Casemiro joining Man U at 30 wouldn’t work out but even if he does start to drop off in a year or two it’ll have been worth it for how much he’s contributed to making them such a solid and functional side, sickening 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Was hoping Casemiro joining Man U at 30 wouldn’t work out but even if he does start to drop off in a year or two it’ll have been worth it for how much he’s contributed to making them such a solid and functional side, sickening 

He's not quick now. He just knows exactly where to be at all times. That man is never dropping off, he's going to play until he's 45/46.

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Burn should never have given his man a sniff of that ball in; he got away with one imo. 

Point is, as much as I rate him, Burn's always gonna be vulnerable to nippy direct wingers. If Antony hasn't been up to much all told then I'll accept that, my initial post was based on tonight's game. 

I agree regarding his vulnerability to that type of winger but so far I’ve yet to see Antony try and take defenders on (not watched tonight).

When is Targett due back as would be handy to have on the bench if things don’t go to plain?

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I agree regarding his vulnerability to that type of winger but so far I’ve yet to see Antony try and take defenders on (not watched tonight).

When is Targett due back as would be handy to have on the bench if things don’t go to plain?

Antony only dances with the ball and then passes it backwards.

Every time I’ve seen him doing his dancing routines it’s taken over ten seconds, allowing the opposition defence the time to get back into a perfect position. The whole point of having skills is to beat someone in order to create chances, seems like he cares more about beating someone than the end product 

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Every time I’ve seen him doing his dancing routines it’s taken over ten seconds, allowing the opposition defence the time to get back into a perfect position. The whole point of having skills is to beat someone in order to create chances, seems like he cares more about beating someone than the end product 

Maybe one for @Froggybut have you ever seen him use his right foot instead of keeping coming back on his left?

43 minutes ago, gbandit said:

A showboat who isn't going to get the time he had previously now he is in the prem, I think his performances will start to drop off more and more and Man U will flog him at a big loss in a year and a half.