Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

9 points clear of Chelsea with game in hand. If we beat West Ham and City beat spurs we’ll be 6 points clear with game in hand on the fifth placed team. 

Edited by SAK

Just now, Cronky said:

I thought Fernandez was impressive. Very rarely took more than two touches, and the second touch would usually send the ball forward. 

Impressive yes but not 120 million impressive.  120 million you need a game changer.  

1 minute ago, SAK said:

9 points clear of Chelsea with game in hand. If we beat Weet Ham and City beat spurs we’ll be 6 points clear with game in hand on the fifth placed team.

Incredible to think about, isn't it? :lol: 

This season has been so good, regardless of us being mint so far. 

1 minute ago, jwclark2342 said:

Impressive yes but not 120 million impressive.  120 million you need a game changer.  

Was just thinking the same thing. 120 million should be buying you a player that scores or assists every game. 

Since we're on so much this month I signed up to SS on NowTV so had the pleasure of watching Premier League standard football in my own house tonight, which is still a novelty for me. That was one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life, and I had a season ticket from Robson through to Allardyce

5 minutes ago, jwclark2342 said:

He seemed to have a restricted role, anchoring the midfield while Mount and Gallagher charged forward.

He didn't create a chance from that position, but I was impressed because everything that was asked of him, he did quickly and well. I can't remember him giving the ball away once. 

7 minutes ago, Cronky said:

He seemed to have a restricted role, anchoring the midfield while Mount and Gallagher charged forward.

He didn't create a chance from that position, but I was impressed because everything that was asked of him, he did quickly and well. I can't remember him giving the ball away once. 

He did quite a few times including a easy pass straight out of play and also one straight to Mitro before he shot from half way line 

Still was probably one of Chelsea's best players on the night, but agree with the sentiment, these sort of fees should be reserved for the real best level attacking talent.

They’ll drop 100 million plus on the Napoli striker in the summer nailed on. Though things might get tougher if they don’t qualify for CL, just hope other clubs don’t bail them out by giving them inflated fees for their shite. If they struggle to get rid of players in the summer surely their wage bill will be unsustainable.

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

They’ll drop 100 million plus on the Napoli striker in the summer nailed on. Though things might get tougher if they don’t qualify for CL, just hope other clubs don’t bail them out by giving them inflated fees for their shite. If they struggle to get rid of players in the summer surely their wage bill will be unsustainable.

I think there'll be a real bidding war on Osimhen, and it'll take £150m+

Gary Neville seemed to be talking about these 8 year contracts having a clause in them which states that after 5 years, the contract can be terminated if the player hasn't played a certain number of games. To me that sounds like a 5 year contract with a three year option. Maybe I've misunderstood, but if that's what Chelsea are doing, they shouldn't be allowed to spread the transfer fees over 8 years when it comes to FFP.