Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

What is it with these handball pens that are blatantly accidental? I can't keep up with the rule changes and it's a waste of time checking anyway because they're applied so inconsistently, but surely if you jump as high as you can you need to raise your arm and if it's blasted off you from close range and clearly accidental then it shouldn't be a pen! There'll always be close calls but that Crystal Palace one was blatantly accidental. If I've got the rules wrong then surely the law needs to be changed because in the spirit of the game and fair play, we don't want games decided on obviously accidental handballs by defenders. If I've got the law right then VAR are misapplying the rules. Either way, I don't see how this is for the good of the game.

Big fan of a reporter on Final Score saying. 

"Midweek I was outside of the Goodison reporting on Everton's transfer activity, and it was colder than my ex's heart, but this game has started red hot"

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

What is it with these handball pens that are blatantly accidental? I can't keep up with the rule changes and it's a waste of time checking anyway because they're applied so inconsistently, but surely if you jump as high as you can you need to raise your arm and if it's blasted off you from close range and clearly accidental then it shouldn't be a pen! There'll always be close calls but that Crystal Palace one was blatantly accidental. If I've got the rules wrong then surely the law needs to be changed because in the spirit of the game and fair play, we don't want games decided on obviously accidental handballs by defenders. If I've got the law right then VAR are misapplying the rules. Either way, I don't see how this is for the good of the game.

Mate, it’s Man United on the receiving end. We all knew what VAR were going to do no matter how shite the decision was.