Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

he's got a point.

not sure if he should have mentioned the ownership thing mind.

players go to that club to be comfortable. and they're allowed to be.

i hope we become ruthless in our desire for success. the players already are with their shihousery etc.

thats what the big clubs have in common.

It used to be Man United until ETH rocked up. Have to give him credit for the culture change.

Just finished watching both the Spurs match and Chelsea on DVR. Love waiting until afternoon here to have a couple of pints and play some FM23 whist watching the games. Two good results. 

Pickford going nuts on Tarkowski was amusing. I may have decked the bastard saying "Chelsea goal was due to your short assed arms". Southampton was a gritty performance, I should send them a box of candies.

I’ve now seen the full Conte interview.  That’s a cracker.  Eviscerates the owners, players, the club in under five minutes.  Perfect summation of everything wrong at Spurs - and also a summation of why he shouldn’t have took the job in the first place.  He said what most already know.  Cynically, I think it’s also an act designed to leave him blameless when he goes, but it is thoroughly entertaining nonetheless. 

22 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve now seen the full Conte interview.  That’s a cracker.  Eviscerates the owners, players, the club in under five minutes.  Perfect summation of everything wrong at Spurs - and also a summation of why he shouldn’t have took the job in the first place.  He said what most already know.  Cynically, I think it’s also an act designed to leave him blameless when he goes, but it is thoroughly entertaining nonetheless. 

He’s got some ego on him, pretty funny. He’s the OG Mourinho! [emoji38]

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

he's got a point.

not sure if he should have mentioned the ownership thing mind.

players go to that club to be comfortable. and they're allowed to be.

i hope we become ruthless in our desire for success. the players already are with their shihousery etc.

thats what the big clubs have in common.

I'm absolutely delighted he mentioned the ownership, that is the biggest chance of him getting sacked tbh. Levy wouldn't give a fuck about him slagging the players, but he'll be fuming that he's been fingered.

Catching MOTD and Pickford berating Tarkowski for the penalty. Honestly don't know how he's an international 'keeper. I'd want to deck him if I was part of his backline. Don't think I've ever seen him support his defence, desperate to tear them a new arsehole every time they make a single mistake. He's obviously already frustrated with himself, as if a veteran PL centre back needs to be reminded that a penalty is a bad idea ffs. 

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

He’s not surviving that.

I thought he would go at the end of the season, but I think that’s it now. He wants out, Spurs want him out, that’s him saying ‘Here is your opportunity to push me’.

I hope they don't sack him - it is a great watch ha

Case of most Euro leagues being skint. Most of the midtable Euro clubs are skint and simply can’t afford to pay £10-15m for a player anymore even if he’s a guaranteed flip for profit. Big chance for the MLS / Liga MX to fill the void. 

17 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Wow, that seemed to get faster the more it travelled. The bend on it as well, was like Baggio Magical Kicks.

What a blast from the past. Endless hours spent on school time until they realised and blocked the website.

48 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Next one to make the jump from MLS to Europe 

Darren Eales was involved in signing him from Velez, I believe. Full Argentine international at the age of 21 too. Canny pickup for us in the summer, if we want.