Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Must say I've never agreed with the idea that players can't play against their parent clubs. I suppose there's a conflict of interest argument but ultimately it's a transfer and the lending club is usually paying wages and a fee. It seems ridiculous that Forest have to play Hennessey in such a big game.

In Italy for example it is perfectly normal for loan players to play against their parent clubs.

Was thinking this earlier. But then I guess a lot of loaning clubs end up subsiding wages too.

So if you're being partly paid by the home club, someday expect / hope to go back there and play for your old team after the loan, and then drop a genuine clanger against them in a tie...hard to think it wouldn't look like a conflict of interest.

Players get done for betting on games they can't influence for less. Probably rightly so.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

The lines seem completely arbitrary there like, didn't look offside really 

The end of his knee was like 2 inches ahead of the defenders planted foot, or something equally as stupid. Imagine how many goals we've been denied seeing since all this was introduced, and the subsequent action after x team scored to make it whatever. I honestly hate whoever came up with it.

Just now, Pokerprince2004 said:

Not sure why people are moaning about the VAR there? He definitely looked just offside. Shame but the correct decision 

I know, don’t see the point in arguing to be honest as people will believe what they want. We all want forest to win but saying things like var wrong there, big 6 being protected or Man U calling in a favour is stupid.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The lines seem completely arbitrary there like, didn't look offside really 

Can never understand the lines, the camera angle always seems off and the lines are never straight.

3 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Not sure why people are moaning about the VAR there? He definitely looked just offside. Shame but the correct decision 

Not that it's any different to the linesman giving it, but when it's blatantly clear that absolutely no advantage has been gained, it just feels like cheap pedantry that's ruining the game.

Obviously a line has to be somewhere and you take it if it's your team like.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Not that it's any different to the linesman giving it, but I when it's blatantly clear that absolutely no advantage has been gained, it just feels cheap pedantry that's ruining the game.

Obviously a line has to be somewhere and you take it if it's your team like.

If it was s goal against us you’d want it ruled off.